4MyRd - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? 4MyRd, DogTown Philadelphia
2. What made you start making music? Writing lil poetry that didnt rhyme at first. Then I started rhyming my poems. One day I was listening to a song on the radio and I caught myself reciting my poems to the beat. Then I decided to give it a chance.
3. Who are your influences? Old Kanye, Old Meek Mills and Reed Dollaz. Early J Cole, Wale, Big Sean. I can go on but that's the core of it.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? Interesting and to be honest Philly has the greatest underground rappers. The caliber of talent is limitless. Our rappers HAVE to rap. You cant be taken seriously if you dont have bars, delivery, punchlines, metaphors and so on. Bet ya job that a Philly rapper is out-rapping 9-10 rappers from anywhere else. We hungry and it shows.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? 2019 over and Iv'e released some free music that I can't do much with just to get my name out there. No one knows me lol so im still in that SUPER early "up and coming" phase but its been great actually. I've had trouble with my voice and its been humbling accepting what it sounds like recorded but thats not stopping me. But these small hurdles just make the story better, ya know?
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? Probably my mans Nova for always telling me that I could do this sh*t. It pays to have the support system in your corner.
7. What is your process for recording music ? BEAT FIRST and then the bars. I gotta be alone when I write but I can record around anyone.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? "30 After 30" is out now on all streaming platforms. My first mixtape is coming out in March 2020
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? I'ts self expression that can get you paid. I create my own world with my music. I say what I want and its up to who's listening to take it how they take it. Its a freedom that allows me to give a gift to the world that only I can give.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? A real one. I want to motivate and inspire people but not on some fake sh*t. I'm all for being the bad guy if its the right thing to do. Fu*k being polite or offending people. Imma speak my mind but my outlook on life is going to be one thats needed. I want my perception to change how people think. The world is a fu*ked up place. We dont need anymore of the same way of thinking.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? At first it was a hobby until i realized how creative I was getting. So now its embodying a lot of my life and any chance I get, I'm tryna to think of the next thing thats gonna get me closer to my goals.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? Either J Cole or Future. I know those are like polar opposites but they just dont do any wrong in my eyes. "Netflix & Deal" by 03 Greedo and Kenny Beats is the best album of 2019 BUT before that came out, Future's "The WIZRD" was the rap album of the year.
13. what does the music you create make you feel? LIKE I AM THAT NIG*A. It makes me feel like im filling in a blank in the rap game thats begging to be filled. Like Im the only one who can do what I can do.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? Music saved my life. As cliche as that is, I could either be dead or in jail rn if its wasn't for something positive like rap to carry me thru life. Imma college dropout and Im not going back so its rap or nothing.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? Just pushing thru any and all obstacles. Not letting up and despite what ANYONE says, I'm gonna make it.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? I dont have any yet but when I do its gonna be crazy, I promise.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? Me and Adobe get sh*t poppin. I create all my own art.
18. who makes most of your beats or production? Random people on YouTube. I wanna make SO many other producers famous by introducing their craft and hard work to the world with my music. I mean i come across beats that could Metro and Kanye sweat.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why? The Weeknd. He's my favorite artist of all time.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why? Pharrell and do I have to explain that?, lol
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? Never performed live yet and no. I wanna get my name out their more first. Baby steps...
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? That's up to them to decide. They gotta listen and like, love or hate it. I will say its ALWAYS gonna have integrity because IDGAF whos doesn't like it. It's always gonna be me and what I want my music to sound like.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ? The expression of life thru art and sound. Relaying what I'm thinking when words aren't enough. Pouring my pain, confusion, depression, anxiety and fear into something that becomes greater than even myself.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? "Fu*k You, Your Welcome" will be releasing in March 2020. Something small but its gonna be CRACK.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? @4MyRd on Twitter and Instagram follow for a follow back. DM beats and Im super cool to chop it up with. Ill talk about anything, especially music.