@_D1AZ_ - Interview 45
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
D aka Diaz born and raised in upstate Rochester New York
2. What made you start making music?
At the age of 6 after watching my Mother go to the studio and record a song called “music makes the world go around” i got interesting in studio sessions. Years later I wrote my first verse in high school and fell in love with writing music since then.
3. Who are your influences?
Political rap/ Lyrical rap/ conscious rap/ gangsta rap influences my creativity. As far as artist possibly Big Pun, Lupe, Maino, Pac, Nas, Wu Tang, D Block, Dmx, Royce Da 5’9, Fabolous, Dipset, Ice cube, Mobb Deep, & Bone Thugz .
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I think it’s in a great place full of an array of talented artist. I also feel it needs more exposure and commercial/ radio AirPlay because anytime I hear the radio or see videos on Tv I don’t hear much of it. I hear more materialistic / club influenced music. Don’t get me wrong I love hearing club music in the club and I like shiny things but I also like hearing struggle and music with a conscious element to it. Thought provoking songs. So I just feel underground needs the same amount of exposure as other fused rap genres.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
To find the right label to back me to make both me and them get a buzz and able to globally tour with a bunch of other talented artist.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
My mom for bringing me into this world
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Receive beats write to them in solitude for at least a week & then record.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
“Missionair code” mixtape
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Performing and writing, hands down.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Just to influence keeping conscious/ lyricisms substance in tact & keeping a audience to relate with.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Not sure so many talented artist but no favorite of mine
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Makes me feel confident and relatable.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
It’s therapeutic and gives me a chance to articulate myself.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Having the ability to record fast during studio sessions. Free styling is maybe my lowest endeavor when it comes to creating a song with a concept.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
A recent project With my boy Tone P & Heyse.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
A few people to be honest. S/o to Josiah for the previous mixtape artwork.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Kino & Tc Beats
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Mya, Mia, Adele
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Pharrell, Timberland, Scott Storch, Dr Dre, I’d also love to do a mixtape host with Dj Drama.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Not at the moment, still working on it.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
Keeping core values that my hometown raised me on. Upstate New York has a unique sound that’s slowly and surly getting bigger. You can notice the difference once you really listen to NYC artist compared to Upstate Artist.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It means life to me. Life wouldn’t be complete without it, with rap taking different form it’s a great avenue for artist to express who they are.
24. Any upcoming shows we can see you at?
Not at the moment, still working on it.
25. where on social media can we find you?
Twitter: _D1AZ_IG: d1az_Snap: d1azz