Adam Bankz - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? (Good)
My Stage name is Adam Bankz. I’m from Minneapolis, MN. Yes… I’ve purified myself in thewaters of Lake Minnetonka.
2. What made you start making music?
I realized I felt the need to express my struggles and emotions through my music. I wanted to create a soundtrack that described my life, conveyed what I was going through, and hoped to help others experiencing similar things.
3. Who are your influences?
As far as Rap goes (Pac, Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Big L, Wu, Mac Miller, JCole) As far as EDM goes (ILLENIUM, Floss, Flume, Griz, Baauer).
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
There’s still a lot of fear to be yourself and be unique. I feel one of the largest struggles is the balance between creating music that will allow you to be noticed by the general public while still producing the story you want to convey.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Build a following, some fans, and drop my EP. I hope to learn a shit ton and grow as an artist. I hope to take my failures, experiences, and successes to build myself into a more polished artist.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Damn… Only one?? As far as the Adam Bankz project goes, gotta thank @artbybri
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I usually start with an intro or laying out my drums. On some rare occasions, I’ll start with a vocal and write the topline from that.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Fans should always be on the lookout for the next remix. I plan on dropping those continuously until I have enough material to drop my own EP. Fans should be on the lookout for that EP at the end of this year.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
The ability to be the vibe, and or get a message across to masses
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I’d like people to realize life really is as simple as do what makes you happy and be a good person! I’d like to bring rap more into EDM and lyrical rap back into the hiphop community. I feel strongly that we’ve gotten away from telling a story in rap lyrics. I’d like to use the combination of Rap and EDM to take my fans on a journey. This journey wouldn’t be locked into one verse, one song or one EP. It would be an ever-changing voyage we would go on together.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
It’s a lifestyle. “You can’t dabble with art, it’s your whole ass or no ass”
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
JCole. He’s a real one and forever progressing. He tells real stories that are close to the heart and many can relate to.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Depends on the song, but as long as you’re feeling something… I’ve done my job.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Music is my everything, it’s my soundtrack to life. There’s not one thing I do that music doesn’t make that much better. It’s literally the only thing that truly makes me feel alive with no anxiety at all..
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
The NEED to create good, powerful music. This has me watching videos and reading blogs tillI’m cross-eyed. I just want to learn as much as I can, as fast as I can, from people better than me.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I don’t kiss and tell… Unless she’s really hot then you’ll know about it. I did something a long time ago with somebody the world knows, but I was still in the darkness. I am hoping to find the light that he has already found.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
@artbybri is responsible for all the dope pallet knife pieces and Eileen gets cred for the first round of logos
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Adam Bankz, wait… that’s me
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
ILLENIUM or Mac Miller (R.I.P ☹). I think both of them do an incredible job of continuing to evolve as artists, push boundaries, and create emotive music.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Kayne. As far as a producer goes, I love Kayne like Ye loves Kayne.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
I got invited to play a wedding recently, but not really pushing shows like that… yet. Trying to just focus on making good music for now.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
Not many people fusing EDM and hip-hop, and def not lyrical rap
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
EVERYTHING! Music is the vibrations that connect us. Language isn’t universal, but sounds are
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
First EP will be dropping around Christmas time this year
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?