ADG Yellaboi - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is ADG Yellaboi and Im from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
2. What made you start making music?
I seen that it was possible at the age of 15 and I wanted to change not only my life but my family's life. I just didn't have the equipment to get started. I would watch youtube videos for hours on young rappers making it off music videos. That just made me want to start music foreal and the oppurtunity came to me one day once I was 17.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
My influences in rap are artist from this new age hip hop such as, Polo G, Juice Wrld, and Nba Youngboy.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I love the underground stuff, I study the upcoming artist and there is a bunch of hidden talent out there that deserves to be heard.
5. What are your goals for the new year regarding music?
This year I want more visuals with my music and more collaborations. I want to gain a bigger fanbase and grow my social media's.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
If I had one person to thank it would be myself. I feel like I went through so much for my age especially being in a state by myself away from my family and just holding myself up, fighting battles and still chasing my dreams. Im inspired off myself. There is a bunch of people who i would want to thank but i cant leave out anyone important so I would say myself.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I usually put the beat in my notes come up with a chorus first by just looping the section I want to hear and after i get down the catchy melody I fill it with lyrics and try to relate the best I can while writting the whole song. So when I go in the studio its alot easier and faster to make the song.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
Project "Love Junkie" expected to release Febuary 2021.
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
I crafted my first tape full body of work 8 songs total, I wrote these songs while I was going through life changes so they mean alot to me. I also been trying to find creative ways to market and grow my socials.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
The impact I want to have on the world is that anything you want to do in life is possible and to never ever stop loving those around you. Life Is meant to enjoy, the world all needs to come together instead of turning on each other. I also want to help those who went through the same or even worse childhood and heartbreak and just let them feel comfort from my music. That everything will be alright and we all go through things.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My best collaboration expirience was with a few artist on x3 records one night with artist like jeffmudd, kiaati, & davey legend.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
My cousin made most my art @llm_toonart
& other graphic designer's like @jaymanixz
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
A few producers like, @Travyx3 @connor.kennen, @wiogotiturnt, @pyroobeats & etc.
14. What can we expect next from you ?
Next you can expect one of my personal favorite songs will be dropping in febuary from the ep im dropping later that month "Love Junkie"
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!