Baby Boy Tha Prince - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
1. I go by Baby Boy Tha Prince my family is from Chicago illinois but we moved to Ottawa Illinois when I was younger which is about an hour away from the city, I had two sisters and two parents growing up, my dad was never there cause we were living in poverty so working the whole day from him was a regular thing but we had to do what we had to do. I got the name Baby-Boy-Tha-Prince because I was the youngest, my sisters gave me that nickname because my mama always wanted a boy we got a huge bond for real.
2. What made you start making music?
2. I wanted to start making music because it takes away a lot of the stress that I got built up inside of me.
3. Who are your influences?
3. My biggest influences are probably Mobb Deep, Suicide Boys and Ynw Melly it's diverse but I like to turn up.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
4. The underground rap scene has a lot of guys that are the same, they got the same flows, they got similar styles, i got a little mix of my own stuff. But if you really want to get you have to be an individual.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
5. My goals for the rest of 2019 is to continue to make music and get better equipment my production not good but the bars matter.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
6. If I had one person to thank honestly I couldn't thank one when I was in trouble for having guns people held it down for me and remained the same I love my family and my close friends not once did they judge me for the piece of shit I used to be.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
7. I find a beat i like and then i freestyle on it then i write and see how it sounds but i gotta have my weed it opens my mind up a lot.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
8. I got a broke as fuck by ybn cordae remix coming soon and it's hot as hell man hotter than anything I've put out yet promise.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
9. I love being a musician/Artist because I get to be creative there is no boundaries especially when you don't care about being accepted.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
10. I make a lot of violent music and honestly I just have a dark mind and been through some shit so you would think to yourself, "wow this guy has absolutely no impact at all" but I just wanna show the world to not take bullshit it's the reason everyone's depressed is cause they take bullshit constantly, fuck, that dude down the street robbed you and you can't beat em up? Beat his ass with a tire iron then, don't take no bullshit and be yourself most importantly fuck what everyone thinks about you as long as you love yourself.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
11. I want this to be my 24/7 gig I love making music on everything.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
12. My favorite artist right now is Meek Mill he's one of the realest mfs out there you can just tell by his demeanor
13. What does the music you create make you feel?
13. It relaxes me a lot man for real.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
14. Cause I've always looked for come ups and this one would be the biggest, I could put my family on.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music?
15. Smoking a lot of gas music can be stressful writers blocks a bitch
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
16. We ain't famous but my boi E Man Tha Menace is real as fuck one of my day one homies he's my only collab our lyrics flow together fr just got to get a better studio set up for better quality
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
17. During the struggle my girl made my cover art for free lmaoo
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
18. Honestly I find free beats, have to run some more paper up to make my own and have better quality sound but that's happening very soon.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
19. I would kill to work with $crim and Ruby Da Cherry from Suicide Boys we would go hella hard together just some cut throat shit.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
20. No clue it would be cool just to find a good producer.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
21. No shows set up at the moment
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
22. I'm different from other artists cause I'm not faking being broke and faking being about it I'm not in a gang and I'm not the hardest mothefucker in the world but I'll still bust you up regardless of getting fucked up I'm still fighting or shooting or even stabbing if shit gets too real but I hope in the future i won't have to do that but my lifes valuable to me. I just have been the same person I was since I was young my music has a different sound to it as well people tell me I'm special I just smile at em lol
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
23. Music is the universal language no matter what kind of music it is you understand it, it brings people together, music is a blessing.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
24. Like I said I got that broke as fuck remix coming out no mixtapes or albums yet though but they will be coming.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you on social media?
25. If you liked this interview and want to check out my music I'm on soundcloud @johnathanburge and I'm also on twitter @BabyBoyDaPrince