Big Bank - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
I go by BigBank now but GMizzo was on some of my older tracks.
2. What made you start making music?
I’ve always had a love for music. Everyone that’s close to me & around me makes music so after a while I just jumped in and never looked back.
3. Who are your influences?
My brother Humble Smash, Biggie, Kodak, 2011 A$AP Rocky, YSL artists such as Thug and Gunna.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I feel like I’ll always be considered an underground artist. I like the transition that things are going in with the new technology as well. It makes things a lot easier for artists like myself to reach more people at just the tap of your finger tips.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Well 2019 is almost over but by 2020 I want to drop a tape, work with a lot more artists, and do shows to get myself heard more!
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
I would thank my my brother Humble Smash. He held me down through a lot and always pushes me to be better at whatever I want to do.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Most times I find a beat first that I can do my thing with then go in my notes and let it out, book my studio session and attack the booth.. but because I just came home not too long ago, while I was away I had to write without beats and it was new to me but I feel like at the end of the day it made me better.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I just dropped a Flexin n Flashin remix that’s going up right now, and I got a single called “Servs” that my followers have been anticipating. I don’t have a release date for it yet though. But very soon.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
My favorite part about it is the creative freedom that I’m allowed to have. Before this I didn’t have a way to express myself in a positive way & that’s probably what led me into the trouble that I got into but now I feel more free and open to new things.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to be a positive influence on the world! I want the world to know that it’s not about where you started or what happened in the past you just gotta keep moving forward and striving for better and it will come!
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
It’s definitely a 24/7 lifestyle that I’m embodying! I’m still making the transition into it because I’m still so new to this but I’m loving every moment of it !
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
That’s a hard one! But right now imma have to say NBA YoungBoy because he keeps it 100 at all times. I fuck with his style and his creativity. It seem like we be going through the same stuff at the same times lol.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
It makes me feel like I’m being great. Like I’m leaving a legacy or timeline for people to see what I was going through to what I’ve become.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
It’s important because it gives me an outlet. Like I said in a previous question I didn’t have a place to be creative and to express myself.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
I just take things a day at a time. Whenever something comes up that’s not expected I just take a deep breathe and work through it. I know this is what I want & I know what is going to come with it so I’m ready for it.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
It’s crazy because I don’t really work with anybody other than the people I’ve been around like my brothers and friends that make music even before I did.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I made my cover for Flexin n Flashin because it was a quick last minute type of thing but usually I just have one of my followers or somebody on my team do it for me cause I’m bad at it lol.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
My boy Berto was doing all my beats before I went in, but since I came home he doesn’t produce anymore so I shop around or just hit YouTube.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
I want to work with YoungThug. He’s really creative and versatile.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Southside. His ear is amazing. The work him and G Herbo do is crazy!
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
I have a show on November 17th in Hoboken, NJ! It’s actually going to be my first one! Dm me if you want to cop some tickets it’s gonna be crazy!
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
I have my own style, I do my own thing, I don’t pay attention to what other people do and set my standards off them. I just do me and do if for the love of it!
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It means everything! It’s all I want to do, it’s all I think about doing, it’s all I can see myself doing!
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
November 17th in Hoboken New Jersey I have a show & I have a couple of singles about to drop. Be on the look out for those upcoming drops!
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
Follow me on these platforms these are mainly what I use!