Byron! - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is byron! and I'm from Long Island New York.
2. What made you start making music?
When I was younger I saw videos of Eminem performing and fell in love with rap. I started writing that night and it's all kind of led up to this.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
In rap definitely Eminem, 50, Mac Miller, Run DMC. All of the legends really. Outside of just rap I've really been influenced by Sum 41, Good Charlotte, and obviously peep. If you're an underground artist at this point there's naturally gonna be some peep influence.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I mean I feel there are two sides. There a lot of people making the same exact music but at the same time there are some extremely creative underground artists. Right now I feel like experimentation is at an all time high in the underground.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
Honestly I try not to look at it as competition. I'm not trying to focus on being better than anyone or anything like that. My goal is just to enjoy the process of making music and hope to make something people relate to. I've always felt pretty out of place, like I dont fit in as corny as that sounds. I just wanna make relatable music that helps people cope.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
Probably my dad. He was the first person to help me write verses when I was 9. He's always been super supportive when it comes to music.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I try not to listen to a beat for too long before I record over it. I'm always trying to keep everything new and fresh. For the same reason I've started to stop writing as much. I just like to press record and let whatever wants to come out come out.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I just dropped a new song with TONEDEAF called 'Sleeping In Silence' it's on my SoundCloud right now with a lyric video dropping soon. I also have a new mixtape dropping in April called 'tungs'. It's an alternative rock project about indecision and the confusion of being an outcast. I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. It's a mixture of punk, grunge and emo rock. I can't wait for everyone to hear it.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
Music is just how I cope. It's the easiest way to express myself so I never really struggle when it comes to motivation. If I'm feeling emotions I'm motivated enough to record.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I just want to spread positivity. My music might be sad or angry sometimes but I feel like that's because I'd rather take all that emotion out on a mic rather then let it sit and grow inside me. I just want the people who feel like they're made for more to realize that they are.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Honestly I would probably say my newest single. I'm so happy with how it turned out. TONEDEAF really went crazy on his verse.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I actually make all my own.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
I'm learning to produce at the moment, but usually just friends.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
My goal for this year is to consistently drop all year around. Expect a lot of music, experimentation and a lot of projects.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
My Twitter is @byronrare and my Instagram is the same handle. @byronrare . Go follow to stay up to date with new music!!