Chris Farlee - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? A: When i Produce i go by Chris Farlee. My rap name is WXRG, Im from a small town in B.C. Canada called Sicamous. Only a couple hours away from Vancouver.
2. What made you start making music? A: When i was around 8 years old my Grandfather bought me my first guitar, Instantly i knew what i wanted to do for the rest of my life.
3. Who are your influences? A: As a producer, Mainly DJ Paul and space ghost. As a rapper My main influences are Mac Miller, Denzel Curry, Yung Simmie and Earl sweatshirt
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? A: I believe the underground's really rich in untouched talent right now. I think most upcoming artists see what the Hip Hop Industry has become and want to change it. I think we're on the crest of a new wave that'll bring content and consciousness to the industry
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? A: By the end of the year id like to establish more connections within the industry. Release My beat tape and have My first album ready for 2020
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? A: My girlfriend Erica. I have nothing but the utmost respect for that woman. I'd Like to thank her for putting up with me being so distant while i pursue my dream. It's hard to find someone who understand what it takes to make it work in this industry and I'm extremely grateful for her patience.
7. What is your process for recording music ? A:It changes day to day. I take inspiration from different places and it usually comes at random. I'll hear a melody or see a picture that reminds me of something distant, if that makes sense, then i try and transfer that feeling into the tone of the song. It's just kind of a habit i guess.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? A:My Beat Tape, "Kodeine Kreeps". It's around an hour long mix of pure vibes. Other than that, I'm expecting to put out an album sometime next year, maybe sooner if my people cant wait.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? A:The emotion transfer. Being able to connect with other people on a deeper level is something I've always struggled with. To me music is the easiest way to connect with another person.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? A:I'd like to teach people that everything they need is already in them. If some kid from a small farm town, who never finished high school, can make something of their self, Then anyone can.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? A:Full out lifestyle. I wake up everyday around 8 o'clock and get to work on my music. I just want to be able to support myself off of my art and influence others in a positive way. I know it's just going to take time to get where i want to go so for now all i can do is work my ass off.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? A:Daylyt. He's smart and He has a lot of content in his bars. I mean he's kind of a troll too though. So sometimes it's hard to tell if he's genuinely being positive but still utmost respect to Daylyt.
13. what does the music you create make you feel? A:That's hard to say, different experiences inspire my music. If i had to put a finger on it i'd probably say nostalgic.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? A:I feel it's our unique trait as humans. I highly doubt other forms of life can comprehend music the way we do. It's based on human emotion, a thing only we as a species can really understand.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? A: Just going with the flow and recognizing opportunities when they come. I've taken a lot of L's for my music. I've just learned that a failure just means,that approach didn't work.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? A: That's a really hard question. I've made a lot of homies on the come up. Probably working with DEDLFE. He's a great rapper and is super creative. A lot of fun to lab with
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? A: I make my own. My homie Astral used to make most of it, but as ive gotten more involved with the craft i've learned a lot and am pretty proud of the point my arts at.
18. who makes most of your beats or production? I make all my own beats, not saying i wouldn't hop on someone else's. I just have a specific sound in mind when I'm creating music.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
A:Earl, He's easily one of the greats. I'd love to hop in the studio and just learn from him.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why? A: Dj smokey 666, The vibes that man makes are insane. The work he did with Raider klan is still some of my favorite projects to this day. Plus he's from Canada too.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
A: Yeah actually, i have a show coming up on the 30th of this month, in salmon arm B.C. Still hoping to set up a few more before the end of the year
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? A: I do all of my own work! For real though, I care about the culture and the craft, which is a hard thing to find these days. Music is just a deep part of who I am, I'm not in it for the money or any other reason.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
A: Everything, when i was homeless, All i really had was my guitar. Music is what kept me going
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? A: Yeah, like i said i have a show coming up a the end of this month, and my BeatTape "Kodiene Kreeps". Other than that though in the meantime i upload new beats everyday and I'm really excited to finish this album im working on.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? A: I'm most active on instagram @prod.chrisfarlee My Twitter is @PChrisFarlee And My Youtube is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCljR0RzlSey3xnmfntAZsQQ/featured