cutblack 2k - interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My rap name is “cutblack 2k” // I am from the 519 area in Ontario, Canada
2. What made you start making music?
When I was 8 I started writing as a way to express my emotions. I grew up pretty fast at a young age so I had already been through a bit.
3. Who are your influences?
Lil Peep (+ GothBoiClique), Juice WRLD, Smokepurpp, XXXTENTACION, COMETHAZINE, Chief Keef, Convolk, OmenXIII, CHXPO, Lil Uzi Vert, Drake, AGOFF, Lil Durk, Night Lovell, Blink-182, Green Day. The list goes on and on!
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
It is so underrated! It has so much unknown talent that deserves to be discovered. I hope one day the underground will be a very well known place for the general people to find amazing music!
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Well 2019 is almost over but for the time left I am hoping to get my recently released first mixtape “2k” some more attention.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Malichi Male. He is the one who pushed me to take music seriously and really pursue my dreams. He brought me to my first studio session, has taught me a lot and has supported me a lot.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Well the usual is write my lyrics, then record on Audacity with my Blue Ice mic. I do occasionally go to the studio when I have money and I have purchased pretty much a whole studio set up
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Yes tons. I have 2 EP’s, 1 mixtape, a couple singles and a collective EP with my brother Rosey.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Just doing what I love, having fun, gaining more exposure and improving my work
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
To show people no matter what you can live life however you want and if you wanna do something in life, do it… despite what anybody tells you.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
I am only 15 so it is in between a hobby and a 24?7 lifestyle.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Quincy Got Rich. He is blowing up in toronto and is local, from my hometown
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Well it all depends on my mood. My sad shit comes straight from my heart, but my regular trap shit just stuff to vibe and bump to.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Since a young age music has helped me through some of the darkest times of life.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Just taking time to make a plan and really think about what I am needed to do
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My bestfriend Rosey and a producer named kid vice. I actually met vice because he was promoting his beats on some really big song on soundcloud at the time, we talked and clicked and ever since we been hella tight.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I have always made my own. Once I start getting better and bigger I will find an artist who I can pay to make cover art.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Honestly it’s just Type beats for now, really trying to find a producer I click with. Though, kid vice has produced a couple of my songs.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Quincy Got Rich because he is one of my idols, an overall amazing artist and I just vibe with everything he has ever released!
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
I really don’t know! I am open to work with any producers just contact me!
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
No I do not. I don’t do shows as of right now, waiting till I drop something that either gets bigger and or I am really proud of
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
My age. I am only 15 and I have my own unique style and sound in every song.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It is an artform. It is a lifestyle and It is therapy.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
2 EP’s, 1 mixtape and 1 collective EP with Rosey and a couple singles.
Follow my instagram + Twitter for updates!
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
Soundcloud. My soundcloud link is: