DC 702 - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? Dc 702 & Las Vegas
2. What made you start making music?
I'm actually skilled in multiple instruments. I was in band in my school years I taught myself how to play drums at 6 years old .I always imagined myself being apart of the entertainment industry.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
Royce Da 5'9 , Kanye , Murs , Pusha T, The Game & J.Cole The Most. I take a bit of each artist and apply it to my inspiration.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
It's actually better than the mainstream radio sound. The indie scene is in a very good place
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on? I think all together it's all about storytelling ,pure raw experiences ,production and honesty. Fans are smart enough to spot bullshit ..when they listen to my material they will feel pain & passion I've always kept my heart on my sleeve in my music.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
My Mom she always wanted what was best for me. She seen how passionate I was at a young kid age. She always played a lot of music that made me fall in love with melodies.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Before I listen to any beat I plan out what I want to talk about. I concentrate on how I want the listener to feel and what they will take away from the track . I often write and record in the dark for the feel of inspiration.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I'm currently working on the deluxe version of my album "too late for flowers " then after that prepare for the next body of work No Freedom For The Real.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
The Fans , the outside support of the UK and the outreach of new listener's. 10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Just stay true to who you are underdogs always finish the race last . No matter what's going on always keep your eyes on what's really important and never cheat what your heart feel.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My homie A.Law from NY. We usually connect on everything we collab on.I like challenging myself because I know we gonna bring the best out of the track and ourself.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I do all my art covers I'm a graphic designer.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
It depends on what I vibe with. I can say I love Freddie Joachim instrumentals I've rapped on a lot of his beats.I also make some of my own when I have the extra time.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
Growth, Challenges & Versatility.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you! Twitter @OfficialDc__ Instagram @__dc702