DeJon Haze - INTERVIEW
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? Whats Good, DeJon Haze Here From Portland 2. What made you start making music? Growing up I liked the actual art to every part of music. I grew up in a family of musicians and I always loved the music I heard growing up from a lot of artist from all different genres and I wanted to be able to be apart of creating music that was different. 3. Who are your influences? 2pac, E-40, Mac Dre, Ice Cube, J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar are some artist that influence me on a regular. 4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? I think the underground rap scene is dope, its where every artist starts an right now there are so many ways and opportunities that allow great artist to be heard. 5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? My goals for the rest of 2019 are to continue releasing few projects in the works that have some dope collabs , keep going up and expanding my music to fans from all around.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? I would like to thank God, he definetly has got me where I am today. 7. What is your process for recording music ? When I go in to record, I don't go in with a process, I just vibe and start putting ideas together, rather its some lyrics i write then build a melody to or a vise versa, I feel thats the best way to capture the dopest ideas. 8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? Im actually working on a single right now that will be dropped this Friday and I'll be dropping details on on the single Later Tonight.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
I enjoy being able to be creative and really express that in a way others can vibe with. 10. What impact do you want to have on the world? I want to be able to bring positive vibes and energy, and also show that if everyone justs mind their business and worried about themselves things would be great. haha just playing.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? Music for me is 24/7, I am always doing something to better myself and learn as an artist. I know and feel, I have a sound thats different but also something for everybody to listen too and I want to continue to share that. 12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? I'd have to say J.Cole, his music is a vibe and his flow delivery is mad dope. 13. what does the music you create make you feel? The music I create makes me feel like I was really part of a great era of music. 14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? Music is the ultimate form of expression. 15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? I keep my energy good and just remain thankful for the success I have gotten so far and with that, that keeps me motivated to keep going to keep moving. 16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? My single "No Options" With Realize Beats, First Producer to comment back and give me feedback on a track with his beat. Gave Me a Go and I was On After that. 17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? I create my own cover art and also have my 11 year old Nephew Cameron on deck creating some up coming art work I will be releasing later this year. 18. who makes most of your beats or production? I produce my own music and I also search around for beats so that I can focus on putting down music. Right now, I worked with Lukasbl on a few previous projects and you will be hearing some more collaborations on the next few release.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
I would like to work with Kendrick Lamar, I think his style is dope and different so we would drop some heat.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
I want to work with Timbaland. He is one of the first producers I remember hearing growing up and just being able to write or catch a a song within seconds of hearing on of his beats. 21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? Yeah I am actually putting together some tour dates and will be dropping those dates over the next few weeks. 22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? My sound and delivery. 23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ? Music is life, it captures all feeling.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
Show dates will be being released over the next couple weeks and my next project I am working on titled "The Haze 2" I have not set the date but will be releasing later this year.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
My Music Is Available on All Major Platforms and You Can Check on On Socials @dejonhaze