DOLO - Interview
1. Q. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
A.I go by freedolo, reigning from Orlando, fl
2. Q. What made you start making music?
A.In my sophomore year in hs I heard another kid make a trash song, and I thought to myself, I can do better than that
3. Q. Who are your influences in rap?
A. My influences have to be lil Wayne, ludacris, Kanye, and Travis Scott. Especially the thought process of Kanye and Travis.
4. Q. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
A. Its a tough question, because it really depends what city your located in. The underground scene right now is expansive especially in ny and fl. A lot of artist/ producers are experimenting with newer sounds, more than before. I will say that I don’t think there is a king of the underground yet, like we did when x was around, but I have a feeling we’re close.
5. Q. What are your goals for the new year regarding music?
A. New Years?? I have a plethora of bangers dropping in the final weeks of this year. Definitely be on the look out.
6. Q. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
A. There’s no way I can just pick one, these 3 people are my mother for being my biggest fan and supporter for everything I do especially for the music side, my grandpa for showing me how to be a man, and finally my aunt, for giving me the mental tools to navigate this treacherous wold
7. Q. What is your process for recording music ?
A. Theres not really a structured process, but it usually involves a blunt lol
8. Q. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
A. With the release of my ep Dark n Dolo that dropped 3 weeks ago, I have a few songs I’m dropping in November and a whole bunch of collab eps. That’s not including songs I’m producing for other artist.
9. Q. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
A. Pumping out beats and different content, but thats usual.
10. Q. What impact do you want to have on the world?
A. I want to show everybody that the impossible is just a mind set. As long as you give your 100% and your true 100% that anything you do, no matter where your from, what your background is, or your financial status, it can be achieved.
11. Q. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
A. I would say it would have to be with the late 00Smooth. we’ve had some of the most hilarious and unprofessional sessions on this planet. A lot of professional sessions I have had with different artist are no where near as fun and full of life. Plus he usually one take drake’d it. He will be forever missed
12. Q. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
A. I make my own cover art with the exception of a few songs.
13. Q. Who makes most of your beats or production?
A. I make every single one of my productions, I do collab with some producers, but the majority is all Dolo
14. Q. What can we expect next from you ?
A. I got this one with Cody Banks that’s a certified hit. I can’t wait for y’all to hear it.
15. Q. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!