Don Staxks - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?My rap name is Don Staxks. I was given this name by a friend in Middle school. He figured since my name was Dontae, we'd drop the Tae and add Stacks. I changed the lettering from a C to an X to be different.
2. What made you start making music?I started making music cause my dad used to make music and I looked up to him and the way he flowed.
3. Who are your influences in rap?My influences in rap as of right now are Polo G, Lil Furk, and G herbo, amongst others. 4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? I feel the underground scene has started to shine a little more brighter as indie artist take there music careers into there own hands, but, it's still underrated because a lot of artists are starting to sound the same.
5. What are your goals for the new year regarding music? My goals are to perfect my craft as an artists. Build my brand as a business man, and continue to drop new and exciting music, under my own label Staxks Entertainment LLC. 6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be? I'd have to thank my mother because she my manager and the driving force to getting me involved with many other aspects of the entertainment world. Not to mention she has to put up with me as her son, and her artists, along with all of my nonsense. 7. What is your process for recording music ? My process is a simple one. I listen to the beat first. I live with it in my head and soul. Then, I think about what the words, as I freestyle what comes to my head. If I like the flow with the beat, then I write down what I like from the freestyle. 8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year? I have a few projects that I'm working on at the moment. However I just dropped a new single under my label named, "Rockout" which is available on all music platforms. 9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?I've continued to write more and get into the studio as much as possible. You know, covid was hard for me because I watched my mom get hit with it, but I'm blessed that it wasn't a bad case. She's still here, and, that's all I can pray for. With that said, I have a few more singles ready to be released.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? I want to impact the way that more teen artists think. I want them to educate themselves on the full business side of this industry. I want them to know that being a rapper is only 10 percent of their business. I want to impact them in a way that when they see me, they'll think about becoming there own bosses. I want them to use me as motivation and be inspire by all that I've already accomplished and all that I plan to accomplish in the present and future.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?One of the most impressionable collaborations, I've had was with artists/engineer named Glenn who is married to my old public school assistant Principal Ms. Julie Cavanagh. He taught me how to harmonize my music when I first started. Another collaboration that comes to mind is when I recorded a song with Army Regime. My best so far, music wise, is with my engineer Cyrusgoes.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?My mother had been in charged of hiring people to do my cover art from a sight called Fiverr.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production? I usually purchase beats from YouTube or from engineers on IG.
14. What can we expect next from you?I'm about to drop my new visuals for Rockout and release my next single named Hasta Luego.
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
Twitter @Donstaxksmusic IG@Don_Staxks IG@Staxksentertainment They can also reach me via email email@example.com