DoNotResurrect - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Hi, I’m “do not resurrect” from Dallas, TX and you’re watching Disney Channel.
2. What made you start making music?
I began a few years ago when I started listening to underground rap and thought to myself, “Hey, some of this is kinda shitty. Even I could do this.” The rest is history.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
Biggest influence definitely has to be Eminem. People are typically taken aback when I say this but if you take the time to read my lyrics or dissect my rhyme schemes, it becomes apparent. Dude is far past his prime but no Eminem slander will be tolerated.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
The scene is oversaturated and honestly, kinda sickening. Like a bloated carcass washed up on the beach. Dudes pay for plays then try to leverage their transparently phony “notoriety” into a legitimate career then struggle to scrounge up the money to get the face tat removed when they’re forced to get a real job. I know I sound bitter right now but in my defense, it’s only because I am.
5. What are your goals for the new year regarding music?
I definitely want and need to drop more and that’s what I'm giving the supporters. I want to, at the very least, double my current fanbase and get a couple high profile collaborations before the year is over. Mind you, this has all already been set into motion.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
If I could, I’d thank the first person to ever show my music to their friends. Wouldn’t be where I am without the support.
7. What is your process for recording music?
I wake up, spontaneously inspired at 3am, sit in front of my computer in my underwear and scour my business email or YouTube for beats until I find something that makes my brain feel warm and fuzzy. Then I open my pirated ass recording software and switch into a creative trance until I end up with something I don’t entirely hate. Only about 4% of it gets released.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
At least 2 new projects, a myriad of singles and even a new music video soon. Stay vigilant.
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
I rarely even left my house before COVID so not shit has changed. Just been creating at my own pace.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Realistically, the best I could hope for is for a person to throw on one of my songs and forget about all the bullshit in their lives for a minute or two. I don’t claim to be some prophet or life-changing artist. I’m just here to have fun and possibly get a bag while doing it.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I always make some crazy shit with the members of my collective, corpsecartel. This includes: lord k, Kid Mango, MERCYKILL, sydcxx and Rose. Shoutout CC.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
My cover art is typically done by my graphic designer, Gaz, so shoutout him too. Super talented individuals in my circle.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
The homies MERCYKILL and adjacen7 know how to make beats I can body and tend to do so pretty often.
14. What can we expect next from you?
Expect a steady, yet rapid career growth then a disappearance in a decade or so when I fuck off to go live on a desert island, undiscovered by the colonizers. I might “leak” a sextape somewhere in there too to spice things up.
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
Follw me @donotrxsurrect on both. I wanted “@donotresurrect” but some dickbrain decided in 2011 to monopolize the @ and never post a goddamn thing.