Dora - Interview 26
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
DORA, from Austin , Texas
2. What made you start making music?
Started off as a metal vocalist for a band then just decided that I wanted to do my own thing.
3. Who are your influences?
Slipknot , blink 182 , Travis Scott , punk rock
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
A lot of people starting new things and a lot of people copying .
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Perform in front of 1000 people and continue making money from Spotify just more of it .
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Jodeci Finessin , he brought me to the studio I record at and he pushed me to make the blend of hip hop and metal.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Find a beat that makes me write, write the song before the studio and get it done with little no corrections.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I’m planning a music video for a song called Revenge , release time should be late February.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Performing on stage and having crowd control is the best part because you get to show how hard you work.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Creating outlets for kids for after school programs and chasing their dream.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
I’ve invested to much time and effort for this to be a hobby but like anything this takes time, dedication and not waiting for people but creating your path.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Reese Laflare, underrated and makes great music.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
It doesn’t make me feel anything but it helps me get rid of feelings that effect day to day life.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
I got out of serving in the United stayed army to do this after 6 years of service, this is what I wanted to accomplish after honorable discharge .
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
People that call them selves promoters charging artist to perform but then they don’t promote the event and it flops. It’s a on going battle up and coming artist face.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I don’t collaborate because most people look over the little details of a song and it’s the little details that count, and to be honest I don’t like their music.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
It took me years to master but I make my own .
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
I buy from accent beats a lot but I am able to make my own and have some one else master the files.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Reese la flare most definitely, multiple styles and would blend well.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
I don’t have any most make the same , I just wish when I make a beat it didn’t take up all my mojo to write a song to it .
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Not this month, I performed earlier . Also right now I’m working to throw a house party in Austin for SXSW with a couple emo bands.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
When you see me live and you hear me sing it’s one thing but when I bust out the metal vocals it will intoxicate you in the best way possible.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It’s what make me breath .