Eyestye - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My rap name is eyestye, it stood for something stupid like everything you ever sacrifice transeds your existance, it was supposed to remind me to not always put myself first and help others, it never worked tho lol. Im from Anglesey in north wales in the uk, its great in the summer but theres not much to do there really so music helps pass the time.
What made you start making music?
My older brother by 6 years plays the guitar and I admired his skills so at the age of 6 years old when he used to go out I would sneak in his room and play his guitar until one day he charged in my room and accused me of playing his guitar, I denied it and he told me it was covered in suger, I used to eat suger sandwiches back then so was caught red handed, he got me my first guitar.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
Eminem cos no one can put syllables together like him, a true master of the craft, he laid the foundations for other white people to believe they could also do what he done I would also say biggie and 50 cent
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Theres a lot of hidden talent that are battling it out, I don’t like th auto tune stuff tho
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
Because everything I write about is from the heart, if I’m writing about revenge its because I want revenge, if I’m singing about love its because I’m in love, I don’t try and portray something I’m not, music’s better when its honest and from the heart
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
My older brother shane because if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be making music and that’s a fact
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I need to make sure my opening lyrics are killer, once I’m happy with that then I move on making sure I’m 100 percent happy with the line before I move on, good music writes itself if you can think of killer opening lyrics most of the time though
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I’ve upgraded my equipment and I’m sat on a load of lyrics that I’ve sat on for a long time so now I’m going to be working on getting them out this year
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
Different thing I suppose, boredom anger and all kinds of emotions drive me to record these days
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I just want my music to reach as many people as possible
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I will be doing something with tank junior beats this year, he’s on YouTube check him out, this will be my best
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Close friends usually
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
I usually do it myself but I will be working with others this year
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
A release of all the songs I’ve been sitting on not sure to release or not but there all coming out starting next week
15. Follow me on twitter and keep an eye on some true stories in my music, thanks everyone for listening.