Faro - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Wassup my name is Faro and I’m from Southwest Houston Texas.
2. What made you start making music?
Music plays a big part in my life like it does it with everyone and the visionary I have makes it even more exciting to see how far I can get with music.
3. Who are your influences?
Don’t really have any but Gucci Mane, Pimp C Rest In Peace, future, & gunna
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? The underground scene has always been jumping especially back in 2012 with chief keef and them when everything really took off. The underground scene right now is responsible for the majority of mainstream hits you see today.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Well 2019 is almost over and it was an alright year to get myself known out there but for 2020 best believe I’m taking it all the way to the top with my music.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
It would have to be my mom no doubt, she’s stood by me with all the shit I put her through with.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I don’t really have a process, if I vibe with the beat and come up with a live ass hook and verse or something then I got a hit coming on the way lol
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I have my first visual & single that dropped on YouTube called Past and I just dropped a snippet for a visual I have called Envy, another snippet called My Way and along with 2 other projects I have dropping real soon. So check out my Instagram, Twitter, SoundCloud and YouTube for those.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Shit I got so many reasons to be honest but I’d have to say the lifestyle it comes with being an artist and the new energy & connections it brings in certain areas. Plus the money is good lol.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to leave this world knowing I had some type of impact on something, one person, to feel like I actually mattered. If I change how that something or someone was feeling at a certain point I can finally die happy.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
I plan on taking this music shit all the way no questions, 2020 will be my year mark my words. If you’re an artist you know this is a 24/7 lifestyle.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Me lol, nah but Gunna, NBA YoungBoy, Lil Baby, Kevin Gates, Sauce Walka are some live ass artists that definitely got their own sauce and drip in their own ways.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Aggression, tranquility, peacefulness, pain, anguish, sometimes confusion, and at rare times happiness.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Honestly I use music as a coping mechanism with how I grew up and all the bullshit I had to endure in this life. I had music when I also had no one in my life. Music plays a big role in everyone’s lives no matter what, we all have a song that either sets the mood or calms the mind.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? Coming up with new methods, I’ve suffered with severe depression since I was a kid so it helps using pain for better music material, and I feel like personal experience is the recipe for great music. Can’t be cappin about what you really don’t be doing.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Gotta say my bro Big Rid who is another upcoming artist out of southwest Houston, we just collaborated on a song called whole lotta and the visual is dropping December 7th.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I have a lot of people who do them so it’s really who I pick to choose to do them for me but sometimes I knock some of them out myself
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Honestly got a lot of producers that send me a lot of beats so it’s a variety. I gotta go with my bro Big Rid who also makes some dope ass beats so check him out. Shout to my videographer OG Lenz he’s real nice with the visuals and shout out to my engineer kreep korleon he’s really live with it too.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Probably Gunna since we have similar styles for this music shit and fasho Kevin gates, Salam Alaikum that’s big ahki man we gotta make some shit happen fasho.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
I would love to work with Metroboomin, Tay Keith and of course Zaytoven. It would be a blessing to work either one of these producers
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? I just did a show last week here in Houston and I have another one this week. So right now I’m just working hard to get on a consistent basis with these shows and possibly a tour.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
The different flow I use that some people aren’t use to but find very unique. Like my people will be like damn bruh the way you flow is different from a lot of these people so I feel like I have that going on. Plus me just speaking from the heart, experiences, and the words I say and get out on a song separates myself from a lot.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It means the world to me no question, all I really have is music in this cold ass word to escape too so without music this would be really tough for me. Music is very powerful and has the power to change mood, emotions, feelings, and vibrations. So yeah it means everything to me.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? I got a few live shows coming up while working on a tour so you can check my Instagram and Twitter out for that. I honestly got a crazy amount of music on the way but I have a single music video/ visual for Envy dropping December 12, a visual for a single called ”My Way” dropping next week, and that collaboration with Big Rid “Whole Lotta” dropping December 7th so please check out this live ass music and see where I’m coming from.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Find me on Instagram @thisisfaro,