Finessley - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is Finessley and I live just outside of Tacoma, WA but I am from Pueblo, CO.
2. What made you start making music?
I started making music for no reason to be honest. It is just a part of what I have always wanted to do since I was a little ass kid.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
I have a lot of em but like Bones, Black Kray, Tyler the Creator are a few big ones. But I also like rock music too you know? Like Chevelle Slipknot and Linkin Park. Crazy shit like idk man I like any kind of weird shit too.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I think it is cool there is so much garbage ass music and every platform and scene is flooded with bullshit so it is not easy to stand out. Being a rapper is kind of like a meme almost and at the same time it is normalized but also cringe. I think there is a lot of good music out there too but it is made by a lot of lame people you know? So I think all that is good at the end of the day because it makes me feel better about myself. I am a pretty positive person.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
Nothing really, I am mean people will click on stuff if I come up with more videos or post more fit pics next to my BMW on my instagram. I drive nice cars usually but I don't like to brag, I have nice clothes but I don't buy designer really cuz Idk man whatever but hopefully my music speaks for itself.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
I would honestly thank my friend Josen if I had to pick someone in this music shit cuz he always keepin it real with me which has helped me get way better as an artist.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I really be like playing the beat and freestyling and then writing down the lyrics I freestyled and tightening em up. I enjoy recording and trying to one take all my songs without punching in bcuz to me it just feels good knowing I can perform the whole song if I were to perform it live in front of people so for recording it I might do like 20 takes to get it just perfect. I do that even if I end up keeping the first or second take only. I kind of am a maniac like that but fr I love the actual act of recording the song so much it doesn't feel repetitive or hard, it's fun.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
No I just like to drop songs at random. Maybe later on in the year but for right now I make music a lot with FonyWallace.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
Myself really, I am my main motivator and that is the way it should be in my opinion.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I just want to make songs that I can have people relate to or help people unlock feelings they weren't feeling but may need to feel in order to feel better. I made a song recently that made someone cry when I played it for them in person and that kind of thing is really meaningful and it lets me know that I am doing the right thing. I don't care about making music that is cool or trendy, I try to focus on my song writing and make sure that the overall meaning of the song is there even if a couple of lines of lyrics here or there are kind of like "troll" lyrics.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I love working with FonyWallace I mean he is always so energetic when I message him about stuff. He is always, always posting new beats and working hard so when you can tap in with someone like that it really helps you stay energized.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I mostly make my cover art with my little brother because he is a digital artist.
. 13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
Yeah again, I think Fony be doing most of my production.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
I am not gonna do anything different to be honest and that is probably a bad thing but at the same time I am gonna stay consistent with realeasing music which is good.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you! yeah really I am the one and only Finessley, and I have a unique brand @dead2finesse. it is dead2finesse on every single platform, I am the one and only so if you search that you can find me on literally anything I am on.