Guest The Band - Interview
1. Tell us your rap/band/producer name and where are you from?
Our name is GUEST, we are from the north of France (near Lille).
2. What made you start making music?My name's Bruno and I started playing guitar when i have listened to bands like Nirvana, Oasis, REM, Radiohead ... I met the singer and bassist Perrine. We are coworkers (math teachers) and friends. We started a cover band in 2019 with Perrine's sister (Pauline) on drums and Pierre on guitar for a concert in the benefit of a schoot. Then lockdown happened and we started to write songs and to record in 2020. Our first EP 'Bunker day' was released in september 2021.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on? I think our music is raw and organic, we try to be simple, in a good way. Our music is versatile too, from folk to rock.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?I would thank my 6 years old son who love when i play guitar when is playing or when he's falling asleep.
7. What is your process for recording music ? We record at home, stem by stem, Perrine send me his bass part and her vocals then I mix the song, I master it too. It often starts with drums and guitars, then the vocals (mine or perrine's or the two), no rules for the other instruments (more guitars, baritones guitars, bass, percussions, ukulele, keyboards, lap steel,etc... Sometimes I start with an acoustic track. I like to do an acoustic version. I have just posted a new song on Youtube and it's an acoustic version. I don't know how will be the final track !
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year? We'd like to release an album this year (september). I have planed to drop 3 singles before the release date. I have about 15 songs to records. One of them is 'See the sun' on our Youtube channel.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music? We like playing together and we're impatient to practice and to play live if possible. I enjoy writing songs, i'd like to complete 5 more songs for our album.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? We just want people have fun or escape when listening to our songs.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? We don't have collaborate with someone else. My personal best collaboration is the writing (music and lyrics), recording and singing of 'The maze' on 'Bunker day' EP with Perrine.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?I make our cover art.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production? It's me too.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?More songs on youtube (covers and acoustics versions), several singles, an album after the summer (september would be great). I'd like to make videos on making/repairing guitars and tube amps too. Just an idea for the moment.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!Twitter : @Guesttheband Facebook : @Guesttheband Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsJ1HsyUY6TSgKnx_-TQ7MA