Juan - Interview
1.Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
hey, my name is juan, and i’m from new mexico.
2. What made you start making music?
i fell in love with writing my feelings down and
creating my own melodies,
i wanted to create what i wanted
my favorite artists to create.
3. Who are your influences in pop/r&b?
anyone who knows me knows ima say Ariana Grande, i learned how to sing by mimicking her.
i also decided to make music because of her
shes just so amazing!
also Sam Smith, Meghan Trainor, and Taylor Swift,
four of my major influences!
4. What is your take on the underground pop/r&b scene right now?
i think there isn’t a better time to be underground,
especially in today’s social media age,
you post a snippet of your song on tiktok and goooo viral. its insane, i think if you take your time with your craft, anything’s bound to blow up.
5. What are your goals for the new year regarding music?
well i’ve been working on my debut album for about 3 years now but i don’t think im ready to dial it down to a set tracklist. so for now,
i hope to release my next ep early 2022.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
this is gonna sound soooo corny,
but my momma. she’s invested so much of her time and energy and money to get me started with my music career. she truly believed in me and i can’t thank her enough.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
well i start off with a lyric,
and then i move on to a theme and
if i fuck with it,
i pin it at the top of my notes app
and get to work, if it flows the way it’s supposed to,
then it gets added to a track list, then it gets recorded and it gets sent off to my current mix engineer and once its mixed and mastered, its pretty much done.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
umm there is one single i’ve been working my ass on, but i think they’re gonna have to wait until the new year.
but as far as projects go, early 2022!
this new project is way different than divine (my debut ep) because it was written fast. i took about 1 year on divine and its been 2 months since i’ve written the project and it has over 10 tracks and it’s basically done.
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
writing ! writing ! writing!
thats about as much as i can do haha
i’ve been visiting some studios where i can see myself working on some music, and
i actually stepped into a studio where elle king recorded something! if you live under a rock and don’t know who that is, she released a hit song called “Ex’s & Oh’s”. an icon
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
i want to let people know that if you have a dream, it can definitely come true if you work your ass off.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
oh G.O.A. is a goat! im so thankful to have been a feature on his album “Grove Mill Road” he mixed my debut ep and he did such an amazing job. im so fucking happy to have crossed with paths with a big star. he has so much potential and i can’t wait for the rest of the world to hear it.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
i make my own.
graphic designers aint an option when
you’re a small independent artist.
i think they’re going to be so surprised
with the cover arts for the next era.
they’re so cool and i think they’re going to put me on the map.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
i usually get em off of youtube!
of course i spend months scouting for a good one
but when i find it, it’s the one!
14. What can we expect next from you ?
a full length project!
very very soon.
almost done with what im working on :)
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
my instagram is @heartdoink
and my twitter is @hebedivine