Jae Good - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is Jae Good and I’m from Chicago, IL.
2. What made you start making music?
Since I was a kid, my brother always kept a lot of rap albums, from Kanye to Outkast and it made me want to start rapping.
3. Who are your influences?
I have a lot of influences, Kanye, Jay-Z, Nas, and many more.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Honestly, it’s trash but I can’t blame the artist 100 percent. It’s harder to make music with substance in it, attention spans are getting shorter, and most music with substance contains samples and getting samples cleared as an independent artist is hard as hell!
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
I’ve got over 100 songs but none of them are on streaming platforms due to the fact that I can’t get samples cleared but we’re working on it!
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Slayton JaQuan, my brother who’s also an artist pushes me to the furthest, ain't no tellin who I would be as far as music and as a person without him.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Sometimes I write, sometimes I record line by line, usually when I record line by line it means I’m excited and don’t even have enough time to write all my thoughts.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Every month I release an EP titled “*month* pack” last year was October Pack, November Pack is done and will be coming out shortly. I’m also working on an album for all streaming platforms so look out for that in 2020.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
My favorite part about being an artist is having the ability to tell stories or relate to people who I’ve never even met.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to be an influencer for hip hop, I want to change the sound, I really want to create my own instrument but I’m far from that goal right now. Overall I want people to play my music when they’re going through it, but I want to give a solution to what they’re going through, a lot of these new niggas say “My heart cold” or “It’s pain in my heart” but it’s all surface level, like ok...it’s pain. Let’s talk about why you have the pain.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
Music is 24/7 but trying to be a “famous” rapper is not 24/7, the music I do is moreso for me. I try to cater to others too but overall it’s for me.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
J.Cole,Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, and Drake
The way their able to get on the radio and make personal songs are great. And the bars are out of this world.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Making music is my time to reflect on my life, so when I complete a song it’s relieving, feels like weight is being taken off my shoulders.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Music has pushed us through hard times, and it continues to do it overtime.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
I have a home studio so I get better day by day
16. what’s your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Me and Slayton JaQuan coming like Wade and Lebron, we produce and we write, so being able to walk in a room with nothing and coming out with cold music is always a good thing.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I make my own, I'm pretty simple when it comes to cover art, I’d rather not do enough than do too much.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Me and Slayton JaQuan make beats but I like a lot of producers like Yung Abso, Kaz The God,Gambi Music, and many more.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
I always wanted to work with Stevie Wonder,Donnie Hathaway, and Rihanna! The sound makes me get chills and I feel like we could make music that could be monumental.
Lately I’ve been wanting a song with Dave East, I always had love for NY rap and it’ll be good for the culture to bring back that sound from Chicago to NY.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
J.Cole, that born sinner production was golden. Kanye and Timberland is cold too.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
No upcoming shows, you might catch me at an open mic once in a while but for the most part I’m locked in on the music until my project drops.
22 for people who haven't heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
I’m actually good, simple. From bars to flow, etc.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Music means the world to me.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
November pack is dropping next week, most of these monthly EP’s are done, I’m just working on my big project now.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
You can find me on Soundcloud
You can find me on Instagram
You can find me on Facebook
You can find me on Youtube