Jan Metternich - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is same as my real name, Jan Metternich and I’m from Germany.
2. What made you start making music?
I started playing the guitar when I was 6 years old. I always had the dream to release my own music. That came true last year in December and I dropped my first single. It went crazy. Now I’m about to hit my first one million streams on Spotify with my single "Wrong".
3. Who are your influences in rap?
I’m really inspired by German music. Also, American artists who inspire me a lot are Polo G, Iann Dior and Killval.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I think the underground rap is insane.
I listen to almost only underground, especially German Trap. My single "Wrong" which is the only song not produced by myself was produced by "Jaynbeats".
5. What are your goals for the rest of 2020 regarding music?
My goal is to drop another song. It’s almost ready to release. I’ll let you know on Instagram.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
I can’t say one name because I’m just so thankful to all who made my dreams come true. People who put me in playlists or write articles about me.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I’m recording every song in my small home studio. I first build the beat and then I’m trying to find a melody and write lyrics.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I can’t really tell at the moment cause it is not set yet. I’ll post it on social media as soon as I know.
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
I wrote like 5 songs in first month of COVID. I never had so much time. I was really productive.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I just want to share my music with the world. I won’t be able to save the world but I’m trying to do it a bit better.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Definitely with Jaynbeats. He did some songs with really famous German and French artists already. It was really cool to work with them.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Yes, I’m actually doing all of my covers. I used to do a lot with Photoshop.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
I produce all of my beats apart from that one. I even record the samples with the guitar and piano.
14. What can we expect next from you ?
There will definitely be a few collaborations with well-known artist soon. Stay tuned.
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below.
Along With Your SoundCloud Link