Jar - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Jar from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
2. What made you start making music?
The lack of creativity in the underground, i feel like everyone trying to be someone just wants to be someone rather than make good unique music that they themselves can mess with.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
eminem was huge for me when i was little, along with zillakami and his more eccentric rock style, and lil peeps passion for music and the image all are huge influences of mine, along with many greats from the rock and metal scene.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
its lacking, Copycats and people with little potential recycling old memphis originals, kids in underground need to make they own music haha, not take others and recycle it.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
Me as an artist... I know im original I have potential to grow and a great work ethic which sets me aside from other kids trying to make it right now, not jus my ability to wright until i get it right but also the ability to stop when i can't, i'm in no hurry to release anything that isn't up to par with my own vision.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
My girlfriend, Shes my Savior I was living in a tent on the brink of suicide when she met me. Yet she saw me for who i am rather then what i was at that period of time my life.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Pick a beat, Pick a title, Wright around the topic its as easy as that.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
Not Announced, But everyone can expect new music once every 2 - 3 weeks.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
I dont have the ability to comprehend making others money, Me working and having a negative time jus so others can sit on they back and watch me make them money like an npc in a Mobile clicker game... Not for me and never will be would rather use my own intellect to make yall work for me.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want people to realize this is their one chance, once you die you die.. and when i see young kids sittin their like "ill get to it later", "when im older ill be famous". It makes me upset people dont realize we all made of the same material inside and out even in our minds we all have the ability to choose our future.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
The homie Dj Caprah always stayin up with me to mix my work and learn the little details about my style to make each track as perfect as it can be.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Me and my Girl do my cover art, Takes some time to learn but if you want something done right then do it yourself...
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
Ive been taking my beats from WXRST on youtube he does a lot of stuff in my style and would be dope to work with him in person in the future, while my homie Dj Caprah takes the time to mix my vocals.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
Improving as an artist is my main concern, n jus tryna blow up in general gonna happen sooner or later trust.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!