JaxMadeTheBeat - Interview
1. Tell us your producer name and where are you from?
My name is JaxMadetheBeat or just Jax, from Warner Robins, Georgia.
2. What made you start making music?
I wanted to be able to create the feeling that listening to music gives me.
3. Who are your influences in music?
Kanye West is definitely my biggest inspiration overall. From work ethic to longevity to creativity & trying new ideas, he’s very inspirational.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I definitely think the underground scene is where the most creative music is. The mainstream is all about following waves and making music that most people simply enjoy, so underground artists are usually underground because most people aren’t ready for those new sounds.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
I create unique melodies and flips along with bouncy rhythms that makes for a refreshing but catchy sound.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
Other than myself, I’d like to thank my boy Tan for always being able to connect me with fye artists. He’s really plugged in with a lot of people and helps me out for the sole reason that he sees my work ethic and how hard I’m going for this. He also keeps me really motivated.
7. What is your process for producing music ?
When I’m cooking up I just follow the vibe. I don’t usually go in thinking, “alright this is what I’m gonna make and I’m gonna stick to this one idea.” I might go in with an initial idea but from there I’ll just go with whatever I’m feeling as I create.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I’m working on a mixtape at the moment. The purpose behind it is to show my versatility with my sound as well as bringing up/showcasing a bunch of artists I really like.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
The music itself just comes from the heart, but the intensity of the work I put in comes with financial struggle and I feel like I have something to prove, especially to my father who said I’d be broke and homeless in 4 years after I dropped out of college.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
It’s so much change I wanna make in the world I don’t really even know where to begin. I definitely want to use the wealth I’m going to get from this to help out the less fortunate though. That’s my number one, big picture goal.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
One specific experience that sticks out to me is this one time I was cooking up for an artist that was on the way to the studio. He pulled up as soon as I had finished a melody and asked to hop straight on that. From there we both sat down and I built the beat around his vocals, then we both bounced around ideas for the arrangement of the tracks and it turned into a really dope song. That’s not something I get to do often, usually artists want pre-made beats to hop on so that was really fun and good for my creativity.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I haven’t needed any cover art yet, but I’ve been looking around at other people’s work to find someone to do my mixtape cover. Maybe in the future I’ll learn how to make my own cover art, though.
13. Who makes most of your samples?
LenoxBeatmaker makes really dope guitar melodies, he’s pretty much my go-to if I don’t feel like cooking up from scratch. I also like to sample Michael Jackson a lot too, I kinda want that to be my signature thing when it comes to sampling songs.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
Expect a lot of placements and a really dope mixtape.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
@jaxmadethebeat on all platforms!