Jaywzrd - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My rap name is jaywzrd and in from Indianapolis, Indiana. Eastside to be exact.
2. What made you start making music?
My homie Zac funny enough and my older brother. I went to highschool with Zac and he was a rapper. I was hanging out with one of my best friends Dallas and we thought to ourselves, if he can do it fuck it we can do it too and it hasn't stopped since then
3. Who are your influences in rap?
There's so many! A few off top would be Earl Sweatshirt, Wayne, Kendrick Lamar,, Cudi, J. Cole, Pusha T, Kanye, Em, Tyler The Creator, & Vince Staples
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Overall I think it's dope. I'm meeting a lot of talented people I can't wait to work with, but it has its flaws. Ego seems to be an issue whether it's flexing with fake shit, or thinking what worked/works for you will work for another artist. The ego comes with the territory I just think there's a time and a place.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
I'm relatable. I'm honest whether it's an issue within our society or an issue internally I'm dealing with. Everybody's so damn hard now. Everyone's a killer.. everyone's popping pills. At the end of the day I'm just a human being going through the motions and that's what my music is about. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm always honest and I think people can feel that. I'm a jack off all trades. You want lyricism? You want something grimey? You want something catchy? You want something to roll up to? You want something that'll make you text your ex at 3am? I got it all.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
My homie Markus. Before I met him I rapped about the dumbest shit. He originally wrote poetry, and working around him inspired me to put my emotions into the music and to beef up the lyrics! We'd do songs together and he'd spit these wild ass verses. I'd be like god damn this dude is a monster. I had to keep up.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
It differs. Sometimes I play a beat and freestyle to it with the mic recording. For me atleast, it's a good way to make melodies or hooks. There's writing the song in silence, then finding a beat. Vice versa.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I'm dropping two project this year. Circle of Life, and Circle of Death. Until that drops I'm dropping songs that didn't really make the cut, so people can definitely be on the lookout for those.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
Trying to outdo myself. I think I lost that for a few years but it makes me happy to know that I've grown artistically. The love helps too. I don't care how famous you get, knowing people really like what you do is always a motivator.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want people to know they aren't alone. I feel like we're in an interesting time period where people aren't really themselves, and if you are yourself, if you are open, raw, and honest people look at you like a weirdo. It's easy to conform to that ideology to fit in especially in hip hop, but I want people to know it's okay to be you. Fuck what anyone else thinks or has to say.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My boy Stefan. We have a song called Where Did The Night Go we made in 2017. We really sat there and worked on that song and others that haven't seen the light of day. He's just dope you can put him in any musical environment and he'll give you something that'll live forever. In general he's a pretty fun dude to bounce ideas off of.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I usually make it myself but the projects I'm dropping this year were created with artificial intelligence. Strange I know but I wanted to do something different.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
Myself or whatever youtube producer I'm a fan at the time
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
I have a few media ideas I really want to bring to life this year so hopefully I can do that, but for sure lot of music and features.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
want a interview you like this? contact @royalrapsupport via DM on Twitter