Jozie Ramone - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
jozie_ramone or "Lord jozie". I'm from a tiny little town called los angeles california
2. What made you start making music?
I was about 3-4 years old and i was messing around with the receiver to a broken record player trying to get it to work. My dad tells me "leave it alone its broken." so then I ask him "if i make my own music will it work?" and he laughed and that set it off
3. Who are your influences in rap?
Right off the top of my head rn, kendrick, tyler, kanye, suicideboys.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
From my experiences just listening to others music that are at my level there's a lot of unheard talent including myself.
5. What are your goals for the new year regarding music?
Drop more consistently which i have been doing ever since the new year! I release one track a month. A few who have been picked up by this blog. Find my audience and connect with them on a personal level and get back to doing shows.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
Myself for pulling through those dark days when i didnt have it in me to continue. We can have all the love in the world from others but if we dont pick ourselves up nobody else can
7. What is your process for recording music ?
for starters i dont go into making music with an intention anymore. I just do it. If i dont feel it i wont force it. If im in the zone i milk it and make as many songs as i can. Either way I always know ill make something i would wanna release. I also have fun with it. Its real easy to get lost as an artist when you stress making 'Hits, bangers" whatever when all of that is so subjective. You just gotta do it because you love it and not because you wanna do numbers because youll get let down real quick when your song doesnt blow up.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
Im dropping a song every month at the beginning of the month. by the time this comes out my latest song "Bread Sheeran" might be out!
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
Taking the time to make music. This is the perfect time to be in the studio. its definitely a blessing in disguise but you gotta have an open mind to see that.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to be able to take people away from their troubles even if its for a few min because of my songs or what i have to offer as an entertainer. I want people like myself who have been outcasted for being themselves to feel like theyre not alone. Society does a great job of shutting people up who have a slightly different oppinion and will kick you down if you wanna take a different life path so i want people to know its okay to live how you want. live and let live instead of being a prick and hating others because they wont live like the majority.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
For me my best experiences are with people that are my genuine friend. that way theres honesty and respect all around.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I do, i recently started doing so. Im not that great but idgaf i just find it to be fun! two of my album covers were made by my friend @a.omedia
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
I make all my beats. I didnt like the beats i heard and felt like it would be easier to make what i want because id have more control over the sound
14. What can we expect next from you ?
A song every month. Maybe more than one song a month, Maybe you might read this and see me perform th next day who knows the future is full of surprises
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
All of my socials are @jozie_ramone and so is my tiktok if you wanna follow me on there too! "my artist name on all streaming platforms is "jozie_ramone"