JuiceBox Chris - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My rap name is JuiceBox Chris and I’m from the South Side of Chicago.
2. What made you start making music?
The love and passion that I have for the art form of music as a whole and rap is what made me start taking music seriously. Just being able to tell my story and find innovative ways to be honest about it has always been amazing to me.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
I have a lot of influences but my main influences in rap are Odd Future, OutKast, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Dr.Dre, Kanye West, Common, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, 2Pac, Vince Staples, The Alchemist, and Freddie Gibbs to name a few.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I feel like the underground rap scene has a lot of flavor. Everybody is on their own wave and doing their own thing while not conforming to what the industry wants them/us to be.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
My style, penmanship, wordplay, beat selection, and lyricism makes my music worth it for people to click on. I feel like I’m a rarity coming out of Chicago mainly because Chicago has gained notoriety as being only dangerous and my music shows the more slum beautiful side of Chicago that the media doesn’t cover.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
Out of everybody that I truly owe gratitude to, I would like to verbally thank my mother for being there and listening and letting me vent so I wouldn’t go down that path that others my age had to go down.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I honestly like writing alone in dark places so that way I have no distractions and can get my mind going. I like hitting the studio when I have at least 6 songs ready to go so I can just knock ‘em out and be on to the next song, feature, or project.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year? I just released an album named HRD2LUV on January 14th. I’m working on 2 more albums and at least 1 will be out by the end of the year. In the summer I’ll be dropping a string of singles and features on my homies’ projects.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
My love and passion for the art and just knowing that I’m creating something that will still live long after I’m gone is what keeps me motivated to move toward my goals with my music.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I just would like those people that have been branded weird to know that it’s ok to be different and to not fit in, sometimes you’re meant to either be alone or you’ll find people that actually love you because you’re being yourself. It’s ok to tell your story and to fall flat on your face, just learn from it and dust yourself off.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
I feel like my best collaboration hasn’t even dropped yet, I have a crew cut with a couple of my homies in a cypher style song where we all kinda subconsciously battle each other in a friendly way.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
My homie from high school, Jermaine Savage, makes most of the cover art that I don’t make myself His Instagram is @yeaitssavage
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
If I don’t make my beats/interludes myself, I mainly find producers on BeatStars or I buy some from my homie from college. His Instagram is @madeby1353
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
You can expect more great music and different/abstract visuals from me in 2022 and beyond.
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!
My Instagram is @juiceboxchris__