JXY TRUE - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
JXY TRUE , I’m from good ole’ North Carolina
2. What made you start making music?
Honestly, I needed another outlet to express myself other than my art. I always had a love for writing because of poetry but when I got to College some of my friends convince me to put my words over beats. After that I fell in love with music.
3. Who are your influences?
Lauryn Hill, J.Cole , Joey Badass, Kendrick, Ab-Soul, Saba, Mick Jenkins, Isaiah Rashad, the list could go on and on I’m influenced by alot
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I feel like the underground rap scene is just as poppin than mainstream just without the lights attached. There’s so many amazing , dope artists in the game that are dropping albums, touring and making money doing what they need to without the big label or name attached.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
2019 has been amazing as far as my music goes. I dropped 3 Projects; “Carolinas Finest” Exclusively produced by Ed Van Soul, “LL.COOL.JXY” which was an EP, and the most recent “For The Culture: Vol. 1” with my group CREATIVE CULTURE.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
I couldn’t thank just one person, too many people helped me get to where I am. First and foremost would be my parents and my grandmother. After that Myself, I’m so thankful I never stopped believing in myself and my craft.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I don’t necessarily have a process. I just create music off feelings and intuition.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I recently dropped a video single entitled “SACRIFICES” on Youtube. It’s the single for my next album coming in 2020. Project wise, I dropped a project with my group today entitled “For The Culture: Vol. 1”
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
My favorite part about it is that it’s my joy, my passion and I wouldn’t trade my expression for anything.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to impact the world by shifting mindsets. I want people to have the confidence to create and be themselves no matter what. I’m going to change the world with my creations, its just a matter of time.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
Definitely a lifestyle, I make music everyday.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Russ because of his versatility and his consistency.
13. What does the music you create make you feel?
Relief & Peace. My music is my therapy.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Like I said previously, it’s my therapy. Music helps me release feelings I can’t paint sometimes.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Staying focused on the end goal always works best.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My best collaboration experience was with my Team Creative Culture. We create a lot together as a unit. We create Music, Artwork, Clothing, Events , everything really.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I’ve made 10/11 of my covers. The cover for “Carolinas Finest” was created by JayWeathersArts a creator I attended college with.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
I have multiple producers im connected with but to list a few; Ed Van Soul, MDH Vamp, Yung Nab, Mike Laaarry, hollow.soul, etc. I also do some of my production from time to time.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Joey Badass, I think we would make something incredible. We both versatile and I feel like his energy is similar to mine.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Pharrell, He creates his production around the artist.
21. do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
I have my first show in Tampa in Early February.
22. for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
I don’t sound like anyone else, I’m Me. I’m also more than just a rapper; I can sing, produce, paint, fashion designer, etc. I can create anything I put my mind to.
23. at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Music means everything. Music can change your mood tremendously and give you insight into yourself.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
I have a show coming up in Early February, and my next Album will be releasing early 2020.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
Website: coachmancreations.com / creativexculture.com