K.I.T.B (Kids In The Back) - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
K.I.T.B (Kids In The Back) from metro Atlanta Georgia
2. What made you start making music?
What started off as Kid Nate producing for FaceGod & SteezyD slowly grew as other friends stepped into the creativity that was at hand. We would compete with one another for better verse and/or placement on particular tracks; this turned into us being able to create songs off of each other and what the other brought to the track.
3. Who are your influences?
In the beginning it started off as Raider Klan, Dr. Dre's "The Chronic", Wiz Khalifa and Flatbush Zombies as big inspiration into our creative process in the beginning.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
The underground rap scene has evolved so much and it's cool to be apart of it and what's to possibly come.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
For 2019 we are striving to put out music videos for songs off our recent project as well as getting into more creative photo shoots. Once this pandemic is over we plan to focus on bringing more shows to the Atlanta scene.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
We would probably thank Kid Nate who was the main reason all of us as friends and artists were able to meet how we did.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
The process we used when doing majority of the recording for the most recent project was we would already have any verses or hooks needed prior to recording and we would go into the booth just needing to lay everything down, after that we would go back and plug in whatever doubles or adlibs we felt were needed.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
The next project coming out could possibly be one from FaceGod and the singles we have been working on are still in process while a single later on in April called "Don" which was produced by Danny Phantom could be getting released.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
We love the process and the product, what that product means to us once we finish it as well as what it could mean to any possible listeners.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Hoping to impact others to strive for their goals and doubt themselves as little as possible while understanding it don't matter who or where you're from we all are facing challenges and growing into our success. Hard work pays off.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
Our music embodies who we are and it is us through and through. From the beats to the lyrics, there ain't no cap in our rap just straight facts.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
We are our favorites.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
The music we make can make us feel lit, thoughtful, low and high. The emotions are endless.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Music has always been our biggest inspiration for our personal actions, it has been the Plan A since high school days.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Working with lil Fla$h on "First Ring" off of Organized Chaos and we sat in the car smoking a L and rapped back and forth till we finished the song right then and there. Took all of 30 mins.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Some cover arts in the past Average Reed has actually made himself, but two repeating artists we get artwork from is @Kay_carr & @johndjohnsonart
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Most the beats in the past came from Kid Nate now you will find that a majority come from DIGGS & Danny Phantom
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
There's too many different opinions on this one to list just one.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
One producer we would enjoy to work with is Kenny Beats and that's because I truly do feel he can make any beat you are looking for.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Due to the pandemic we aren't sure since the April show has already been moved back.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
I think the thing that sets us apart so much is the authenticity in what is being said by us and how we live. The energy that we bring varries in each song thus bringing a new feeling to every creation of ours.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Music is our form of expression and gives us the capability to express ourselves deeply in ways that we can't talk through or rather express other ways.
24. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
We are on all music platforms and all social media outlets. This link can lead them to everything that is is.