Kenno Chill - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
“My name is, Kenno Chill. I’m an artist based out in East St. Louis area.”
2. What made you start making music?
“Mannnn. Well, what had started me making music was when I was about 10 years old. My favorite Artist was Kanye West at the time. My older cousin and his friends were rapping in the car and they took me with them, then I just been dope ever since. They told me start making music and eventually it happened with a couple other situations involved.”
3. Who are your influences?
“My influences I’d have to say would be T.I, Tyler, The Creator, Kanye West, Childish Gambino, and Big Sean. That’s a tough list of people but if I could narrow it down it would prolyl be them.”
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
“The underground rap scene is probably as good as it could ever be. Reason being, that there is so many ways to get music out there. If the quality is good then more than likely the music will be very substantial. So there’s hip-hop music for everyone now and that’s very cool.”
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
“My goal this year was to get a thousand plays. We exceeded that goal by far. Hopefully next year will be better. Really looking to get the recognition from my peers and work with more people that take music as serious and have as much fun as my producer, Bigtyme and I do.”
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
“Damn, one person to thank… You know what? The one person I’d have to thank with everything that’s happened in my life to begin what career I have so far would be, Big G, my big cousin. If it wasn’t for him man I wouldn’t even have started rapping or writing. I admired him for his writings and the wordplay he would have with his rhymes definitely the person who started it all.”
7. What is your process for recording music ?
“ When we record music the process is literally pull up walk up shake up and we get to it. The people involved when the best music is produced out of us is; Bigtyme(Producer), Anthony(The Brain), James(Mozart), Brizzy, and Joe. If they all involved we got a hit on our hands. Other than that there is not real process it’s just as long as we connected it’s a fire track.”
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
“ I just dropped a Mixtape, Frank, It’s out on all platforms. Go check that out. Also 2020 I will be releasing singles every month.”
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
“My favorite part about being an artist is the connections through people that I meet that have related to my music at all. Also the feeling I get when we make a great song, unmatched feeling.”
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
“I just want my impact to be change for the empowerment of your community.”
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
“My ambitions are to let my music be a platform that my group can be a part of and eventually leave it to history and we can evolve and become gatekeepers of the music industry just because a lot of music has negative connotations and that has to stop.”
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
“My favorite artist right now is Tyler, The Creator. Just because of the versatility that he has with all of his albums being so different.”
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
“It gives me a sense of purpose and another reason to live for the next day of my life.”
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
“It’s so important because it shows that you can do whatever you put your mind to.”
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
“Whenever I hit a wall of creativity I turn to living my life and converting my experiences into instances where I can explain emotions and decisions through music.”
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
“I haven’t worked with many people besides my producer, engineer, and just having people inside of the studio. I would welcome anyone to make music with me but it’s not as easy as it sounds.”
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
“I’ve made most of my own cover art, Anthony’s made one though might have him make more honestly.”
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
“Bigtyme makes most of the beats and productions for my music. We also have a group that is just us two.”
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
“A person I’d love to make music with is Smino, reason being that he is from the St. Louis area and it would be great for my family, friends, and fans to see something like that because they are deserving for sticking with me for so long.”
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
“Tyler the creator is one of the best producers I’ve ever heard. I’d love to record with him one day.”
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
“I’ve done my shows that were prior to my last mixtape, it was in Edwardsville, IL. I’ll be setting up a stl tour next year.”
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
“The thing that seperates me from a lot of other artist is that I give from a perspective that not a lot of artist have or that they even introduce. There’s a lot of artist out there but I have been very seldom to hear an underground artist that has better wordplay and vividness than our music.”
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
“Music to me means connection, people that are musically inclined have a duty to bring up topics from certain perspectives to shed light on certain issues.”
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
“ I’ve done all the shows I was going to do this year. I just dropped a project it is called Frank by Kenno Chill.”
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you
“Just google Kenno Chill and you’ll find my twitter Instagram Spotify apple music facebook.”