Kieran Stewart - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? My name (KIERAN) is my first name (KIERAN) so shout out to my mom and dad for giving me my rap name. I used to be called Too-Flow then I was Stewy Slick but eventually for both of those I said “wow these are pretty dumb names” then just went with my name.
2. What made you start making music?I started listening to rap music at 12 then I found my moms laptop had garageband on it. I started making horrible songs at that age and put themOn YouTube and not tell anyone because I thought I’d get roasted lol
3. Who are your influences?Oh man, Big Daddy Kane, Kendrick, Gang Starr, Big Pun, 2pac. I even like a lot of other music like Beck, Peter Gabriel, Elton John, and Alan Parsons Project
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
wow there’s a lot of rappers lol 5. What are your goals for 2020 regarding music? Just keep making new songs keep finding different collaborators and producers to work with. I just want to work with everyone
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? My girlfriend Gabriella, I live with her and she has to deal with me recording and my goofy a** non-sense
7. What is your process for recording music ? So when I started I always would write the lyrics first then find the beat and try to mold it together, but that got frustrating, now I find the music first or work with the producer for the vibe and then once I find the pocket and the melody I want that’s when I start concepting what the songs about and convey what is this feeling I have with this music
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? I just dropped A project recently called “thru a window” as of now I’m just recording new singles and collabs while I conceptualize my next big project 9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? The escapIng feeling, or rather therapeutic feeling it gives me, sometimes I can be really stressed out and anxious and if I get the right vibe and start recording it goes away at the snap of a finger. Sometimes I’ll record and immediately be in my bag lol top of the world type of feeling
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I just want people to like me lol as long as people think I was a nice guy and enjoyed spending time with me and they didn’t say I was a d*ck head then were straight.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? I would say my music is part of my lifestyle. If you listen to my lyrics deeply you see me reflecting on my past and referencing a lot of what I see day to day. Especially with recent events I have been recording at least once a day. I need it as a lifestyle to keep me sane
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? I love Kendrick, he’s on top right now
13. what does the music you create make you feel? Wavy, Sad, Remorseful, Euphoric, With hints of Ambition and Arrogance
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? Music elevates everything, good music makes a bad movie better, a lame party will thrive off of a hot setlist, and long car rides would never be appreciated without a killer driving playlist. It’s like a life enhancement drug.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? I’d say just keep being myself and releasing the music I want to release. The real is always recognized and the frauds get exposed so I just keep it a whole Arizona Iced Tea (a buck)
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? I work with a group where we make satirical songs and we make some funny as Hits lol check out The Budget Boyz on YouTube we are out their
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? I used to commision different graphic designers but as of 3 years ago I do all my own cover art
18. who makes most of your beats or production? My main producers I work with are PERM, Steve Jobs 2, JMZA, and I actually have an EP produced by the homie Harry Heist. (My Boy Tim makes the Budget Boyz instrumentals)
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why? I want a Lil B collab so bad because that is just what I need in my life. I’ll die happy once I gotta track with the (feat. Lil B) in the title
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why? I loved DJ Premier Beats growing up, I always threw on his instrumentals for freestyle sessions
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? Nope #covid19
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? Probably my orange ginger hair
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ? Music is what I come around to nearly every day whether I want to create or whether I want to listen, like I said before music is like a life enhancement drug. 24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? I release music very frequently on my Soundcloud and Audiomack, I am currently conceptualizing an Album 25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Here’s some links to my music https://soundcloud.com/kieranalexander https://audiomack.com/artist/kieranalexander