Lil Cheese - Interview 29
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? My name is Lil Cheese and I'm from Chicago.
2. What made you start making music? I was gaining a lot more of an interest in music over the past few years and it was something thats always been important to me. I was going through a rough time in life when I started making music because I realized the impact it has on me, and I want to replicate that for other people. Once I tried it for the first time, I loved every aspect of doing it.
3. Who are your influences? My main influences are Lil Uzi Vert, Ski Mask the Slump God, and X. I don't like to copy or be compared to other people, but they have an influence on the music I make. I appreciate all music so I also have influences from all different genres but rap gives me the most inspiration.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? I think that there's a lot of talent thats going unnoticed because of other aspects besides music which is why there's an underground music scene. Just because you make good music doesn't mean you're gonna blow up and be mainstream. There should be more ways for lesser known people to be able to get recognized and get their music out to more people.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? My goals for this year are to release of bunch of projects and to experiment a lot with what I can do musically. I want to improve the overall quality of my music and develop some certain styles. Hopefully all of this leads to more growth and being noticed as an artist.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? I couldn't thank just one person I'd have to thank all the people who support me everyday.
7. What is your process for recording music ? I like to start with finding a good sounding beat because sometimes that can make or break an entire song. Then I think of an idea of what I want the song to be about. Then I start freestyling and coming up with lyrics that fit with the feeling I want to convey. After that I look over the track and fix certain lyrics or flows and put in all in the same direction. Finally I hop in the studio and record the track.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? I have a few mixtapes and and tons of singles coming out this year. My first EP is going to be coming out soon and I have plenty of singles ready to release until then. Check my twitter or instagram for any news or snippets about these projects.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? My favorite part is not only having fun making the music, but also seeing how it affects people. It's amazing making a track and knowing that your'e helping or potentially saving people. Making people happy and affecting people in a positive way is the best thing about being an artist.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? I want to positively impact the world as an artist. I want to make peoples lives better and happier by making good music. If you're sad, I want someone to be able to turn on one of my tracks. If you're happy, turn on my music. In a world full of negativity, I want to spread positivity and good vibes through all of the tracks that I make.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? Its only a hobby at the moment but I want to make music full time and turn this into a career.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? My favourite artist is always Lil Uzi Vert, even though he still hasn't released Eternal Atake yet. Its hard to describe but just the vibe and feeling of his music is so good. And he has quite a few different styles and I fuck with that.
13. what does the music you create make you feel? It really depends on the song but most of the time it makes me really happy when i finally get done making a track or doing something music related. Finally finishing a track is definitely one of the best feelings.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? Its important because of what its done for me and how I can use it to affect other people. Music is very important to me and its something I have a passion for. It will always be something very relevant and prominent in my life and career.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? There's a lot of different things you're gonna face especially with a career like this but you just gotta know what you want to do and just go for it. This isn't the easiest career path to go down but if you know what to do you just gotta get it done. Its a lot about confidence and believing in yourself. 16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? My best collab so far is with my homie ExxxTrashi. We just hop in the studio and we get to work. It all just flows together and its so fun working with someone you vibe so good with and relate with. Its real good competition too when they're close to your skill level and it motivates you to be even better as an artist. We got some good ass joints coming out look out for all that.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? I make my own cover art for everything but I definitely wouldn't turn down asking someone or paying someone to do my cover art.
18. who makes most of your beats or production? I usually find beats from producers on BeatStars.com. My favorite producers i use beats from are CashMoneyAP, Fly Melodies, and Beats By Seismic.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why? I would love to work with J.I.D. The way he raps and the way he flows is amazing, I'd love to get the chance to compete with him on a track. I'd have to make my most fire track to date to get close to him. Not only would it be fun as hell but it would definitely make me a better artist.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why? Theres a lot of producers I really like but I'd want to work with Zaytoven or Maaly Raw. I found out about them through Lil Uzi Vert and I love their beats. I think producers are very underrated and under-appreciated and getting to work with one of them would be amazing.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? I have a show coming up in February but thats about it for now. I really love performing so I'm trying my best to get shows arranged. There isn't much yet but hopefully theres a lot more shows coming this year.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? My vibe and the way my music is simple and easy to listen to. I want people to just turn on my tracks and get a whole vibe going. I don't make things complex and you can listen to it anywhere. My diversity is also another factor in gonna make this year. At the moment its the vibe. 23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ? It means everything the me. Music is my lifestyle, my career, and what I like to embody. You can take everything away from me but you can't take away my creativity and my music.
24. What was your favorite track to work on? My favorite track to make to this day was one of my first songs, Gold Plated Chains. The quality is pretty bad but damn I loved making it. I found a free Lil Pump type beat and I wanted to make a hype ass song to it. I stayed up all night and I finished writing it in one night. I'd love to make a new, higher quality version.
25. Whats your least favorite track that you've made? I like to think I'm a fire ass rapper but my first actual song I've made is pretty bad. Its called Gainz and damn I listen to it sometimes and I'm like what to fuck was I on. The song was fun to make but the songs not good. I'm definitely a lot better than that and I've evolved from that.