Lucas Michalski - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
2. What made you start making music?
Once I was 13 I`ve seen Metallica live on TV and was truly blown away wanting to be just like them. Playing guitar on big stages, watcing thousands of people singing my songs. Although it`s the story like thousands of other stories that`s the way my music journey started. After a little while I got my first guitar... I was playing 24/h, just remember waking up a bit earlier before school just to play some new riffs... it became big part of my life and still is.
3. Who are your influences?
Just like I mentioned Metallica and James Hetfield were my first influences, nowadays once I got older this spectrum got broader and broader and varies from rock, hard rock to fist pumping electronic music.and hip hop.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Although my style is a bit far away from rap as I make atmospheric instrumental music which is an interesting blend of two worlds of live rock guitar with nostalgic yet fist pumping beats and samples I believe I can bring something to the table making some interesting tracks for people to enjoy. Music whatever genre or style it is, it`s made to bring some emotions and make people to stop in this hectic times and enjoy. It`s universal language.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
2019 is nearly finished, but in 2020 I would like to release another EP and few singles. What`s more while making instrumental music, the idea of having some collabs and inviting some rapper or singers to record vocals to one of my new releases is getting stronger and stronger. So... 2020 will definitely bring something new, collab featuring one of the artists I follow and support.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
I`ll choose 2 people... my parents for being for me and supporting me from the day one when I started playing guitar only knowing 2 riffs and one songs and playing or trying to play them full blast for hours and hours making them mad and tired of that constant noise, not music for first months anyway. Big juicy thanks to them for sure!
7. What is your process for recording music ?
It all starts with the idea and the beat, if not the beat it has to be riff which will start it all. After that I always finish the beat and then record guitars. As I mix and master all of my music, the whole production process is next. But like I said it all starts with either good beat or the guitar riff and then magic happens. All of my music is born in my own studio called LUMIC Studio, so I have luxury to lock the door and dive into music anytime I want (providing I`m back from work... life... ekhem....)
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Yes, I always work full throttle, new single 'Bridge to Cross' is around the corner as we speak. Keep your eyes peeled beautiful people, the monster is about to escape and infect the world! Check out my social media as well as all major music platforms, it will be there,
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Chicks love it! But seriously I love playing guitar... and like chicks too by the way :)
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
More chicks and more guitars!!! Having said that and being totally serious... if only few people will enjoy my music and feel better after listening to it, I feel live winning and conquering the world!
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
It`s mostly passion and hobby now but want to evolve that into something bigger.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Many people hate him, many people love him... but I would say Eminem.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
It saves my life, seriously.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Listening other`s music and learning from it.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
So far I`m a lone wolf, but in near future I`ll definitely look for some great artists to collab. There`re tons of great underground music out there. I try to support many independent upcoming artists on my social media channels so it will be an honor to get one of them to be featured on my upcoming releases.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Either my friend who`s great graphic designer or like the newest album cover for my upcoming single, I looked for talented graphic designer on Twitter. Found really talented guy from Italy!
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Not that I don`t trust others but I do all the process myself... from making the beat and background tracks, writing and recording guitar parts, mixing, mastering ect in my studio. From the idea to the finished product it`s all my work. What`s more I also make my own music videos to all of my songs which I share on my YouTube channel.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Never thought about that.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
not the shows but few singles and music videos for sure! Bring it oooon!
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
Although many tried to blend two worlds of electronic beats and samples with rock guitar, I believe I do it in my own way trying to capture my own sound and style. Take a listen and judge it yourself!
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It`s my savior, my morning coffee, something that relax me as well as gives me energy and will to conquer every day. It`s part of me, it might sound cheesy but it`s true.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? Not at the moment.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Everyone is more than welcome to visit my on Twitter @LucasLumic