Macharo - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
From Chicago. Lived in Memphis, TN & Mississippi but live in
Los Angeles , CA now.
2. What made you start making music?
Starting by writing and writing for other artists. They couldn’t always execute on the ideas so I started recording the songs myself and putting them out.
3. Who are your influences?
Michael Jackson, Fabolous, Nipsey Hussle, 50,
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I like where everything is going in. I listen to more unsigned artists than I do major ones.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
I just dropped my latest project a day ago and gonna push to drop one more project before the year is out.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
No cap. I wanna thank me. It’s hard staying focused and motivated when it seems like you’re the only one sacrificing & taking the business seriously when everyone else around you is partying, smoking, drinking, kicking it with girls.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Don’t really like a lot of people around me at the studio. All I need is the engineer and a bottle of Hennessy or D’Ussé & it’s go time for me.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Hell yes. Just dropped my project called DDM. Out on all platforms.
Also be looking for that
“SeXxxBars 2” before the year is out.
Collab project with my bro Stophe Malone.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
I love the creative process of recording and bringing ideas to life but, nothing like being on stage and rocking a crowd and feeding off of each other’s energy.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Just wanna be a great person who did great things and remembered for the music.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
24/7 lifestyle. I live, eat, sleep music.
All I do. All I know.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Nipsey & Dave East.Nipsey for the game and how to maneuver business wise.East cause of the bars and wordplay.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Motivation, inspiration, validation, confidence.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
It’s my passion. No Matter how much I left it alone, I always had to come back to it.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Just consistently making content and putting it out.
Sometimes you gotta shut everything on the outside off and just grind.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
In person and in studio works best. Hands down.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I don’t make my own. I work with different people that I network with in the process.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
I’m big on networking and meeting with different people. I meet new producers almost daily so if they have work that catches my ear, I’ll work with them.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
I like Jhene Aiko. She has a unique style and seems comfortable with being herself and free creatively. I think collaboration would be great.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Kanye. His samples selection is awesome.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Yes. Big show at the college here in Los Angeles.
Cal State U Dominguez Hills next month on the 14th at 6pm
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
I just really rap. The way I say what it is I’m saying is what sets me apart from everyone else.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
I feel like music is everywhere and in everything.Music is everything to me.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? SexxxBars 2 & Cal State Dominguez Hills
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Twitter @MacharoMusic
All streaming services platforms