Macharo - Interview 19
1. Tell us your name and a bit about yourself!
From Chicago & Memphis Live in LA now. Writer/ Rapper/ singer/
2. What made you start making music?
Started off writing &Just always had a passion for performing and being on stage.Was thinking that if I shared what I’ve been through in life it may be able to help someone else that’s going through something similar.
3. Who are your influences?
Nipsey HussleFabolous50 centKanyeUsherChris Brown PnB RockPusha T
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I think indie artists are winning right now.The internet & Streaming services have totally changed the game and given unsigned artists more leverage to compete w/ major & mainstream artists.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Drop more dope music.Drop more visuals/ videos to the music I put out.Keep building up my fan base.Connect with more artists in other markets to make music with.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
My guy FM aka Fingaz.He was one of the first people to reach out & believe in me. We talked and he gave me great advice about how to approach the music industry. He also helped build my confidence up tremendously to not care so much about people’s opinions.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I’m big on vibes & energy. Mood has to be set for me.Don’t really like having a lot of people around me when I record music.Just me & engineer mostly & maybe one or two people I’m cool with.A few shots of cognac and I’m good.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Yes. I’ve got a collab EP with my broStophe Malone dropping on VDay.“SeXxxBars”Def be on the lookout for that. It’s going on all outlets. Plus we have a couple visuals for the songs also. Geeked about that. It’s going to be pretty huge.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
Studio.I like the process of starting with an idea and watching it come to life as a song or project.That and performing. I love being on stage & being able to show off my art to people. Make them feel what I’m feeling.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Just wanna be remembered as an all around dope person that made some tight ass music that everyone can relate to in some way.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
Music is a full blown lifestyle.Eat, sleep, & shit music. Everything I do involves music in some form or fashion.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
I have 2.Nipsey because of his work eithic. He consistently gives us music, videos, all types of content. Pusha T because he just give you straight bars. His punchlines & metaphors be unreal sometimes.
13. Anything else you have to say ?
Check out my latest singles “Run”“Good Girl” On all streaming platforms.Be on the lookout for the project on 2-14-19Valentine’s Day.“SeXxxBars”