Mark Kushmane - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Markushmane I’m from bowen island bc
2. What made you start making music?
Boredom my friends who love to sing and rap
3. Who are your influences?
My friends a lot of west coast rock and really everything I like, from you tubers to rappers
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
5. What are your goals for 2020 regarding music?
Stability and 2m monthly listeners on spotify
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
Myself my family and close friends my girlfriend
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Sometimes I feel a certain way I like a beat or I’ll think of a concept no real process behind it, it’s really quite random.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Whatever I drop next is going to shake the world.. idk what it is though
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
I like the love I have for my music I love helping people understand that.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to show people that they can do what they believe in
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
Lifestyle I am my music people can question that but it will help them understand what I mean more..
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Me, because I make music for myself.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
Like a rock star
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
Because the meaning and how much of my soul I put into music if you dissing my music you just dissed the most passionate person you ever met
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Just being a beast not giving up getting that money and just doing my real best pushing my self really.. finding new comfert zones..
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
A simple process with lots of feedback from each other and mutual love for the project.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I make my own I know some people who’s photoshop skills I fancy ya shout out ripsins and black heart 🖤
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
I produce beats and I have a ear if I hear a beat I like expect me to contact you I have no constant producer but hm surf I’ve always loved his beats ;)
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
A lot to many to just name one, I love all music.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Ronny j just cause he prod a lot of hits for legends
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Sadly no covid is making that difficult ..
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
My energy I’m a skinny lil kid that’s a monster on mic no one is expecting me to rock shows how I do and I love that.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It’s everything to me, it’s a legacy and something I have nothing but love for.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
Sadly no just making music atm chilling going to announce Markushmane 6 when I feel I’m ready.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?