Melo Da Don - Interview
1. Tell us your name and where are you from?
Melo Da Don, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2. What made you start making music?
I was high in my bro Vons crib and we were listening to music. Half the rappers getting played were trash and I was like if they can do it I can get rich too.
3. Who are your influences?
Musically, Polo G, A Boogie, and Meek Mill. Those been some of my favorite artists over the past couple years. Through life my biggest influences have been my big cousin, older brothers, father, and Malcolm X.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? Right now I feel like it’s a lot of unknown, upcoming artists with a lot of talent and all they need is a platform.
5. What are your goals for 2020 regarding music? To make a mark. I wanna prove I can be big if given the opportunity.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? My grandma, without her my situation would’ve been ten times more difficult when my parents weren’t in the best position. She really my rock for real thru it all.
7. What is your process for recording music ? I come up with new music in two ways. Either a melody pop in my head and I get a beat to match it til I can write a hook. This is usually how most of my songs got made. The other way is when producers send in new beats I can usually come up with a hook instantly and go from there.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? Ballin Like I’m Melo : EP before the end of the summer.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? Being able to reach people all across the world and lift people as a role model.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? Show that anybody can do it if you work for it.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? This the lifestyle I want, to be the biggest artist
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? Polo G, he tells stories through melodies bout the streets and that’s what I can relate to.
13. what does the music you create make you feel? An escape. I can release all my thoughts in a positive way.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? Because it offered an outlet to express my reality.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? Just honesty and consistency through my music.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? Me and my dog Puto. We got three collab tracks out that the whole city love.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? Most of it is done by me and random Instagram cover arts.
18. who makes most of your beats or production? Glory Gainz shout out to him.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why? Leaf ward. He the rawest new bul in my state I know we would do numbers.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why? Mustard he’s just the rawest out.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? May 8th in Philadelphia.
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? It’s all real and my versatility unmatched.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ? A way to help me like me find someone who relate to them.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? May 8th in Philadelphia and an EP in the summer.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
Twitter @MeloDaDon3 and instagram @dondottamelo