MigoGeez - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? I’m just migogeez (migo) thats what i was called growing up in Harrisburg, PA. It’s not even a rap name, just a nickname given to me by friends and family.
2. What made you start making music?
I grew up on music, my parents made me play the piano since i was like 5, then stacked other instruments like the saxophone, guitar, drums, ect. I just decided to pick up the mic one day.
3. Who are your influences?
Me, I only look up to myself & my momma.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I like it, I love hearing new music & seeing people come up with their own sounds.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
I just wanna go full throttle and see what happens.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
My momma she’s everything to me.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I barely write, people usually send me beats so I pick one I like, then just freestyle, I punch in and punch out.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
“Got it” coming real soon & a EP in the middle of June most likely.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
The new music I hear or the new artists I write for, meeting new people is my favorite thing to do to be honest.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I don’t know yet, I know I want to give back in some way.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
Im more of a writer, so this rapping stuff is an experiment a team has me doing for now.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
It’s my friends, Fiftymop, Iann dior, & Bernard Jabs. Fiftymop is a group and they are talented they got some of the best things ive heard.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
It makes me feel good, kinda like letting your problems go, away from the abyss.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
It’s important because I’ve never been good with my words so this really helps me try to explain how I feel.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
I feel like shit all the time, so I just feel like my music can be awful so I dont put it out there.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Fiftymop, they are so talented and so easy to work with, it really gives me hope for music.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
My go to people is either the industry people or vlonejacy or weluv808 they’re so good at what they do.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
The industry, I keep saying Industry because it is a label but I can’t really talk on it at this point, but if its not them sending me to write, its a bunch of hometown producers or supporters of my music, I havent used none yet because I dont know if im gonna have industry issue’s.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Panic at The Disco, they are something else man, I would want to see what we could come up with.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Nick Mira, he’s at the top right now to be honest.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
I’m not allowed to do those (yet)
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
My sound is different for sure, but I mean I feel like I talk about personal issue’s and don’t lie when i make this music.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Means everything, its my peace.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
EP soon, for now.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
On soundcloud for now & youtube - migogeez