NAIT SIRK - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
the NAIT SIRK from Long Island, New York.
2. What made you start making music?
I’ve loved all kinds of music as a kid, from hip-hop to classic rock. I’ve always been attracted to experimental types of music and eventually wanted to try myself. I wrote a lot of stories and poems and eventually started writing songs in high school.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
I think some artists who have had an influence on either my sound or me personally are Kanye West, MF DOOM, Earl Sweatshirt, Tyler, the Creator, The Alchemist, and Mike Dean. Those guys are always pushing boundaries.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I think the underground rap scene is crazy dope right now. There’s so many crazy new sounds and young artists. I feel like I discover some new heat everyday.
5. What are your goals for the new year regarding music?
Just to keep building my audience. I feel more confident than ever in my music and have some super dope singles lined up to drop all year, leading up to my debut EP. I’d love for the project to take off, but I’m just excited to show people what I can do.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
Definitely my mom. She’s supported me through everything, from struggling with mental health issues to dropping out of school to pursue music.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
It’s pretty much the same whether I’m at my home studio or the actual studio. I’m an engineer so I’m usually running the session myself. I usually record alone or with a few friends. There’s always a lot of coffee and weed.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
My next two singles “AWAKEN MY SOUL” and “COLD BRAIN” drop April 23 and May 7! I got a couple more singles after that, then my EP drops this summer!
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
I think I’ve worked on some sort of music everyday since March. The one positive is it’s given me a lot of time to work on new stuff and improve my production skills. I’ve gotten pretty good at piano too.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
Just to make fresh, boundary pushing, everlasting music. I want to be mentioned in the same conversations as Kanye, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Stevie Wonder, 3 Stacks, etc.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My favorite collaborations are in person when you can feed off each other’s energy. I collaborate the most with my friend’s and rap duo the Bentley Bumz. We have hundreds of songs together and a mixtape on the way. I also love making beats with my friend Andrew Bosch. He plays bass and guitar and we make some pretty crazy stuff when we’re together.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
Most of my art is done by a dope artist named Floribundo from Argentina! Check him out he’s awesome.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
I make all of my beats for the most part. Although I’ve met some really dope producers recently and I have some crazy collabs on the way. I wanted the production to be all out wild for the EP, so that’ll be entirely produced by other people. I really want to focus on the raps and make some crazy shit.
14. What can we expect next from you ?
I think these next few singles and the EP will really show people what I can do. But I’m just going to keep building off the momentum. Expect some new sounds, some harder stuff, and some singing.
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!