Philly Boi - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Philly Boi Scranton PA
2. What made you start making music?
I lost my best friend to an overdose and I have been expressing myself through free styling since I’ve been young, probably around 13
3. Who are your influences?
My musical influences are Kid Cudi Kanye and Travis Scott
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Honestly I don’t pay too much attention to what other people are doing I stay focused on my self, but if I were to comment I think a lot of music now a days lacks emotion and really has no meaning behind it other then to get people to dance
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Continue to grow my fan base and go on tour
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
My mother she has always told me to reach for the stars and she supports me following my dreams
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I cannot record unless I smoke weed before, Sometimes I write while recording other times I have it written beforehand
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Yes October 31st Standby is the projects name and its me breaking away from the restraints I once had and finding myself through music
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
I can express myself through my lyrics
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want the world to know that everybody deals with shit on a daily basis but its how you move after which defines your character and you can be anything you want to be
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle yourembodying?
Music is 100 percent my lifestyle I work full time but when I am not working I am working on music
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
J cole, His flow is impeccable and I have been following him for sometime and to see him evolve into what he is now is just an amazing thing to witness
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
The music I create makes me feel happy, but I have some songs that could leave me in my feelings
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
It is the only way I know how to express myself where at the end of it I am actually relieved
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
My main focus is to continue to create and keep putting out good music with meaning behind it but eventually I want to work with my community in giving back and making my city a better overall place
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
Honestly, I don’t do many collaborations and when I do its usually through the internet so there is no facetime between artists. I have worked with a couple artists who I would say are worth giving a listen to, that being Shwinn, Chainwax, Synco, Type1ne, and a couple others I may be forgetting
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I tend to make my own cover art but when I have to look elsewhere I usually look for friends that are good with graphic designing
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
Honestluy I couldnt answer that even if I tried I use a different beat almost every time
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
Kid cudi, His music speaks to me and it got me through a rough time in my life
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
Id like to work with Nick Mira I think are styles would go well together
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
No, I haven’t done a recent show
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
Well first off, my sound I would say is completely different from anything I have heard but also my lyrcis tend to go over peoples heads so Im the type of artists where you may need to listen two or three times before get the message Imtrying to portray
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Music is everything it is my life and it is my happiness I would be lost without it
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
I have project coming out on October 31st Halloween called “Standby”
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
Spotify Philly Boi