Prince Amine - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? My artist name is Prince Amine. I was born in Morocco but raised both in Spain & Canada by a Moroccan mother and an African-American father.
2. What made you start making music? When I started performing in high school for fun, I realized students and teachers were fascinated by my stage presence (which at the time, I was only doing for fun) then destiny brought me here today.
3. Who are your influences? When it comes to music, I have a long list of artists that have inspired me and whom I look up to. It’s a very diverse variety though, from R&B, HipHop to Dancehall artists. Top of my list forever is Michael Jackson, a true performer, showman and STOOPID TALENT. James Brown, Chris Brown, John Mayer, Popcaan, Lil Durk. Yep, literally all over the place with musical influences. The biggest ones though are the old school cats, the OGs. James Brown, Sam Cooke, Ray Charles & a whole lot more.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? There are a lot of strong lyricists in the underground rap game but there’s a reason why most stay underground. There are some who truly deserve to pop but it all depends on the work ethic and then again if your image sells and all, but sincerely there is mad talent underground.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? Well 2019 is pretty much done but I would like to release one more banger single to show y’all what’s coming big time for 2020. A whole new everything. From sound, lyrics, image to work ethic. More Life!
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? Jesus the lord himself. Lmfao just playin. That’s a pretty good question to be honest cause all this music shit and knowledge is thanks to my Pops but all the work and where I stand today is thanks to my manager. I’ll give them both a shoutout for truly believing and dedicating their lives to me. Sending em both lots of love for that.
7. What is your process for recording music ? I usually have some dope ass melody or a line that comes in mind while I’m listening to a random song or just out of nowhere. From there, I get to writing and see where this little line or melody can get to. I write also when I’m feeling some type of way (no soft shit) that’s gang gang though. Then I find a type beat or now since I got 2 close producers I just tell em what I’m hearing and feelinand from there we cook it up and tweak.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? Doubted Child, my most anticipated project so far that I’ve been workin on for over a year now. This album is truly the takeoff. I had to step down from the sexy dancehall for a minute and just spit how I feel and portray coming up as an artist and how I perceive the industry. Doubted Child is more than just music. It’s a reality everyone faces and everyone will face no matter the field they wish to succeed in. Stay tuned for this one. It’s finna be huge. (Inchallah!)
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? Creation. Having millions of people appreciate your craft, your art is just beautiful to witness. Picture a stadium full of people singing along to a song you worked on and have everyone feel what you felt when you had that pen to the paper. Maaaaaan don’t get me wrong the lifestyle too is poppin’ but to me that creation is everything.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? One Man can probably change the world but I want to just do good and give back to the world. It’s all about love. If one huge influential artist everyone looks up to can do positive things that will benefit the world socially later on, then count me in. Continue what the late great Mr. Jackson did.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? Nah, this music shit for life. I was raised into it and I will die out of it. This stage in my life, I can say this is what I want and need to do. Plus a 9 to 5 ain’t even all that. Lemme do a 12 to 12 in what I truly love and admire any day!
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?This is a tough one too but I think I gotta give this one to Durkio. You feel the pain in his voice and feel his lyrics. He’s just too nice with it & real. Roddy Ricch too but I don’t know, Lil Durk just different. OTF!
13. What does the music you create make you feel? Depends on the type of sound it is, but I get different vibes from sensual, to sad, to hype, to happy. It’s basically everywhere. My music makes me feel proud as well.
14. Why is music so important and dear to your heart ? Because it is my life, I cannot live without music and especially making it. It’s just a passion. If music was a woman, hell I would have been cuffed up for 20 years now.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? I am going to be honest with you right now, I’m not quite sure to understand the question so imma just pass.
16. What’s your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? AP Trax! He produced my newest track “Eliantte”. This producer is a cold cat man. Looking forward to work more with him.
17. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? I had some graphic design and Photoshop classes so I’d make a quick version then have someone clean it up and turn it to the real deal. But I always have the idea and now different people make the cover for me.
18. Who makes most of your beats or production? Don’t have a producer on lock right now but for the Doubted Child album,I’ve worked a lot with Pierre-Luc Cérat. Both him and AP make fire.
19. Who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?Chris Brown. He’s like a long lost old brother of mine. We would kill any type of track and imagine both of us on stage. HAVOC!
20. Who is one producer you wish to work with and why? Famous producer I’d probably work with is Scott Storch or Kanye. I see he can cook up nice. London On The Track go stupid too. Their beats go hard and they seem to be like the type of producers you click with and just cook up till it’s perfected.
21. Do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?I am highly looking forward to headlining my own show for the first time ever but I got to wait until I drop my album in order to do so. As soon as I begin doing my own shows, it’s takeoff.
22. For people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? My style, lyrics, stage presence and mentality. I love being versatile in music. I mix the culture cause it’s what we live around and we should truly explore and exploit it into music.
23. At the end of the day what does music mean to you ? Music is oxygen, heartbeat, soul, spirit, it’s what I live through and for. Music is erthang.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? Nothing is locked yet but working on releasing the album and bringing it on tour in 2020.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Everywhere! You can find me on IG @princeamineofficial, on Snapchat @priince14, on Twitter @princeamineoff and my music is on every platform, Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Deezer, Amazon, etc. Just Google me and you’ll find me!