Ree Santana - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
1. My name is Ree Santana. I’m from PA. I was born in Philly and raised in Scranton, although I currently reside in Philly.
2. What made you start making music?
2. If I’m being completely honest, 50 cent is the reason I started rapping. ‘Get Rich Or Die Trying’ is the first CD I ever bought and that album made me want to be a rapper. I was 8 years old at the time. I started writing and I never stopped.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
3. My biggest influences in rap are 50 Cent, Jay Z, Lil Wayne, Drake, and J. Cole.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
4. I actually love what’s happening with the underground rap scene. I’m always coming across a new underground rapper with a different sound.
5. What are your goals for the rest of 2020 regarding music?
5. I’m currently working on my next EP, so my goal right now is to focus on finishing this project.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
6. Besides my mom for everything’s she done for me, I gotta thank 50 cent for making me tap into my natural talent and discover my dream.
7. What is your process for recording music?
7. I usually let the beat tell me what to write about. I always like to finish the lyrics to a song before going to the studio to record it. Unless it’s something I’m cooking up while I’m in the studio.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
8. As I stated earlier, I’m currently working on my next EP ‘More Pain More Vibes’. I don’t have a release date at this time but I am aiming for early 2021.
9. What have you been doing music wise while in COVID times?
9. Honestly, I’ve just been writing music and brainstorming on different ways I can musically attack the new year.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
10. I don’t only consider myself an artist, but also a songwriter. With that being said, I just want to help be apart of creating good music and good vibes.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
11. Back in January of 2019, I dropped my first EP ‘Pain & Vibes’. Track 2 is a song titled “Summers Over”, produced by L. David and mixed & mastered by LeekDaGreat. Til this day that is one of my favorite songs that I recorded.
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
12. Normally I do my own cover art. However, I’m always looking for new graphic designers to work with.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
13. Right now I don’t have a go-to producer so I’m always working with different producers.
14. What can we expect next from you?
14. I don’t have a release date at the time but you can expect my next EP ‘More Pain More Vibes’ to drop sometime in early 2021.
15. Link the fans your Twitter & Instagram @ Below.
15. Instagram + Twitter: @reesxntana