Sad Kakarot - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? Rap name Sad Kakarot, I’m from Chicago, IL.
2. What made you start making music? Ever since my Grandpa passed, and watching my mom struggle i wanted to do this to change her life for the better.
3. Who are your influences? I’d say, Lil Peep, XXXTentacion, or any MO members. Can't Forget Juice Wrld May They Rest In Peace.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? I love the sounds, the difference in regards of today’s music. Overall it catches my attention more than main stream artists.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? Well before the year ends i want to end with at least 10K plays on SoundCloud, and i’m less than 200 plays away from that goal so i know i could probably achieve it.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? Myself if i’m being honest, and i guess some of the people i’ve worked with in music?
7. What is your process for recording music ? It all varies on how i’m feeling in that exact moment, none of my music is out of ideas or brainstorms simply just how i feel in that moment whether it be happiness, anxiety, depression, heart ache, etc.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? Yes, A lot of content to be dropped all throughout 2020
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? You get to hang out and meet the Artists you listen to on a daily basis, Shout out Ski Mask, Uzi, Carti, Joji, Skies, etc.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? If my music has some way shape or form of changing a persons mindset for good or makes them feel like they have someone to relate to then i can die a happy man.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? I want this as a full blown 24/7 lifestyle , something i can look back on and say wow, i actually did it.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? My favorite artist in the rap game right now? That’s a tough one. i think it would have to be Ski Mask.
13. what does the music you create make you feel? It’s like an escape from the negativity and the fucked up shit around me, i’m not sure if we can curse? i’m sorry excuse my language but yeah i feel at peace with myself whenever that mic is placed in front of me.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? It’s the only way i can vent and let out steam, i feel i don’t owe anybody an explanation so i simply turn it into an ideal song that people instead can relate to.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? The fear of not making it or being able to pop as quick as others.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? Probably with my brother N.A.P.K. we made our first song and it was a hit.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? I make my own.
18. who makes most of your beats or production? Well from now it’s gonna be Skyebeats
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why? Ski Mask, or Billie Eilish Or $uicideBoy$
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why? Nick Mira, he’s fire point blank.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? No i plan to start soon though
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? I’m Versatile and can do any genre with ease.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ? It’s an art, it’s my drug and i’m addicted. 24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? Christmas day i’m dropping SADNESS=CANCELED EP
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Soundcloud @Sadkakarot or Instagram @Sadkakarot.