Sam Money - Interview
Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My rapper name is $am-money or Sammy X and I’m from Charlotte North Carolina
2. What made you start making music?-When I started to realize what Music is really about and how much it can influence the world and other people around us and such.
3. Who are your influences?-
XXXTentacion,Ski mask the slump god,James Maslow from big time rush,Avril Lavigne
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? -I believe everyone is trying to be big and hopefully be apart of the good fight towards mental health and I just honestly hope that other rappers don’t underestimate me because honestly I believe everyone has a voice and they have the right to express it in any way they please.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? -Get more followers on my SoundCloud,help more people with mental health issues and make sure that everyone knows I’m not here for the money I’m here for acceptance and love and the positivity and that’s all I mainly preach about.If I don’t blow up then that’s ok because at the end of the day imma keep being me because I’ll never sell out
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? -XXXTentacion because he has taught me to be myself and help others who are hurting like he was trying to do before he unfortunately passed last year so I’ll admit I’m a huge fan but I still wanna help and I know how it feels to be alone and be betrayed and feel like nobody wants you around.like that feeling absolutely sucks but I wanna teach people how to make it less painful to deal with and I faced sudden deaths of family members or friends as well
7. What is your process for recording music ? Right now since I don’t have a studio I use an app called Rapchats and I often collab with people on there and gotten some cool free beats from there and I have a Bluetooth microphone as well I got that for Christmas:)
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? -Currently im writing 2 new songs so everyone should be excited for a collab coming soon that’s gonna happen with someone that I got the chance to collab with as well.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? -being able to connect with the people and building up an amazing fan base ( which I currently do as we speak) but I’m hoping to expand it much more and be able to talk to my fans and make music and tell stories of my past experiences and make music to help make people feel better again I’m not doing this for money but if this can make me blow up or like give me some money then sure Id still do it but i would still keep making it regardless
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? -I wanna be able to help change the world and help those who are hurting and those who feel alone,depressed,numb,angry, etc. I want people to be able to come talk to me even if your having a bad day because I know there is some people that do that for me and I absolutely love it because it shows me real love and that’s what I crave ..I crave real actual love,not that fake type🦋
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? -I want this to be my full blown career and I’ll tell you why I wanna be able to make art..I’ll admit my songs may not sound good now but wait until I find a studio and omg its finna be lit af ♥️
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? -XXXTentacion because he has helped me with my mental issues and taught me some really good life lessons and I just recently visited to where he got buried at so..that was exciting in a way but sad because I didn’t wanna meet him like that..I wish I had met him in person though but I owe my entire music career to him and I’m hopeful that I can make him proud and shut out those haters who doubt me
13. what does the music you create make you feel? Makes me feel like I can relate to people and it’s not like the fake stuff you hear often on the radio nowadays it’s legit real music and with real lyrics and true emotions and powerful and nothing but positivity and self-love and appreciation
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?-it’s important to me because I wanna make and spread a message to everyone who listens to my music ,hell even if you know me personally I’m generally a nice person.but if you start being shady to me or whatever imma cut you off or come off as a nasty bitch ya feel me? So music is legit my life and I just fell in love with it like i fw anyone who’s on the grind constantly because Ik and understand the struggle of due dates and sales not selling as good as they should be.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? -If I experience something or if I just wanna write a story( which I try to write everyday in my journal and in high school and yes im a junior and I’m 17 years old and we have a thing called “Free write Friday”) so basically we write anything we want regardless of what it is and we take turns sharing it as well..So in my mind yes I face with some trials currently especially now you know I’m trying to get a car,get a job,find a studio to mix and master and record over there and hopefully build a bigger fan base as well
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?-Oh most definitely it’ll have to be my friend 1602music he’s on twitter I have made a song with him called “My first collab” and he’s such a sweet nice,understanding,awesome guy overall though
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?-Someone names Sleezy P on Twitter my profile picture for free and like most of the time I use old photos or I look up images and use that
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?-I wish I could work with X but Ik ..I wish I could work with James Maslow because I’ve been a fan since he was in my favorite boy band called big time rush and I feel like we could connect on a personal and religious prospective as well..I feel like we could make some fire music as well
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?-I wish to work with Someone on my discord and someone on my twitter the one on my discord I wanna work with someone named Jaeden and he helped mixed and mastered my song “Sweetness of life” and someone on my Twitter would be vintage village as well he helped mixed and master “Emotional swings” so I would love to work with these amazing people and I hope they can work with me again
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple-I do not due to school and me not having a studio or a car :( sorry boos
22 for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?-I am definitely different because I make real music and real lyrics that I write by myself and no one else writes them but me and like I’m not a sellout and I may not be recognized yet but I’m very hopeful that I will be and I just wanna help out and be apart of the mental health community and help make it stronger and better than before
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?-music means to me is a form of a beautiful piece of art like a painting but without the paint and the canvas and just words in general and being able to connect with people and helping them out and loving one another and stopping all of the negative energy that is constantly running through everywhere you go or look..I want it to be a positive place and my music I hope to cure or help lessen the effects of pain or grieve and just give out a message and also I genuinely love every single one of my fans and I thank them from the bottom of my heart and like anyone who’s watching this rn I love and appreciate you taking your time out of your day to come and read this amazing interview by the best promotion in the entire world I love royal Raps I wouldn’t of been able of gotten 181 followers on my SoundCloud without the help of them and also my fans I love each and one of them and I hope they love me back.Without them I’d wouldn’t be pushing so hard and working soo hard on my music.I promise once I graduate and I have a car and a job imma be going to a studio you’ll see.You haven’t heard the last of $am-money I’m a fighter
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? - besides the two songs and a collab and me having to redo a song not for a little while but I’ll come back with more songs and stuff for you guys don’t worry I gotchu
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you-Follow me on my twitter @Rosequeen2003
My YT:@Sammy Wallach
Thank you guys so much for letting me into this amazing interview I love you guys sm and I fw you guys :) thank you for everyone who’s reading this I hope you have an amazing day today..make me proud..good luck to anyone who’s on the grind I’ll see ya guys on top