SAUNEY - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is 1sauney & i’m from Chicago.
2. What made you start making music?
I think me just hearing a lot of production from the early 2000’s got me into wanting to make beats of my own, which i started when i was about 11/12 putting beats on YouTube.
3. Who are your influences?
Lil Wayne, Mike Jones, MC Lyte, Camron, list really goes on.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I think it’s amazing right now everyone is doin their own thing.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Just to make that one person or group of people that might feel what i feel when i put it in a song & help them get through it.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
So many people to thank but i’d say myself for not giving up even when my back is against the wall.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I usually go in, spark one up, play the beat a few times then see what i could add melodically. Everything always sounds different in the studio, that’s for sure.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Getting ready to drop my project AWOL (actually worthy of luv) real soon. Hopefully within the next few months.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
I think freedom of speech, and how i can say it how i actually feel.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to change lives and hopefully help people come together & make each other better.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
When i’m rich enough i want to end homelessness in Chicago and then soon enough get people to start working around the world to help those less fortunate. Giving back is a even better reward than receiving.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Future will always be my favorite artist because of the versatility and how he tells it’s story. Don’t know an artist like him.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
It makes me feel at ease with my thoughts. It’s always a million things going on inside my head so being able to express at least a portion feels healthy.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart?
It’s my way out and my way in. a job that i’d never quit.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
Patience and not always going with your first mind. All of this shit takes time and you definitely have to be optimistic in the music industry.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My favorite one is with my brother Flacko San, we got a song called “Slide On Me”. I literally pulled up to one of his studio sessions and we made the song on the spot. Shit like that is special fasho.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I make some of mine but my homie Teejay Spencer makes most of mine especially for the major platform drops. He a genius.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
If not myself it’ll be produced by Wildlife Willy & Flacko San. Best duo ever.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
I wanna make a few songs with Travis Scott. I feel like our energy together would be craaaaazy.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
I would love to work with Pharrell, his beats are always 1 of 1 but you know it when you hear it. I like shit like that.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Working on some in January & feburary right now. In chicago & out of state too.
22. for people who havent heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
I mean all i can say is that I don’t have a style. Like i literally make music based on how i feel, so i could sing my heart out, i could rap my ass off, i could make a hit, i can send a message however i need to.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
Music is my everything, like a favorite child. I’ll never stop making music.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
Trying to drop my project AWOL in the next few months, and then the other 2836373 projects i have next year haha.
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
On twitter you can find me (@1SAUNEY) Instagram (saveyobread) and Soundcloud.com/fakesauney