Sethy P - Interview 12
1. Tell us your name and a bit about yourself!
My name is Sethy P and I’m a 19 year old artist coming out of Evansville, IN.
2. What made you start making music?
I don’t know what really made me start making music but I’ve been writing since middle school. It started out just as something for fun but I realized I was actually good and wanted to start taking it serious.
3. Who are your influences?
I feel like I’m influenced by all the music I listen to but I still manage to sound nothing like any of it. My favorite rappers ever are Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, and J Cole. I listen to many different artists and different types of music too.
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
I feel like underground artists are becoming more exposed and makes it easier to get noticed now that we have social media to help spread our music.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
2019 I just plan to keep making the best music I can and continue to grow my fan base. I also plan to drop at least one full project this year, ad I’m trying to get myself in tune doing shows and performing.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
I would definitely have to thank my mother for always being there for me no matter what is going on.
7. What is your process for recording music?
I keep a blunt in my hand at all times and I go in the booth and just let the music speak for itself.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I do plan to drop at least one full project this year at some point, probably more towards the summer time. I also have plenty of singles on the way by myself and with other Evansville artists. “Thot Hoe” ft. Tokyo Ari is out NOW! On SoundCloud.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/ musician/ rapper?
The fact that no matter how life is going I can use that energy and put it into my music. I speak a lot about everyday life problems in my music because I find it therapeutic.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want my music to speak to people. I want people to appreciate my music while I’m here and can enjoy it, not after I’m dead.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle you’re embodying?
Making music is what I want to do with my life. I have never been more interested in anything else in my life, I just love what I do. I don’t have a plan B.
12. who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
Kendrick Lamar. I just feel that his music speaks to me more than anybody else right now. Also his rapping ability is impeccable and I feel that nobody can keep up right now, besides maybe J Cole.
13. Anything else you have to say?
Go follow me on SoundCloud and check out my music!! https://soundcloud.com/user-334131346