Smoke Solo - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
Smoke Solo out of Chicago.
2. What made you start making music?
I’ve always had a passion for music since I was a kid, and once I heard Cudi I knew I that I wanted to rap.
3. Who are your influences in rap?
My 3 biggest would be Kid Cudi, Chief Keef, and Wiz, I’d say those were my biggest artists as a kid. Then I got more into Eminem and J Cole as I got older
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Underground rap is important, it’s where everyone starts, some of my favorite songs are when artists were still underground.
5. As an artist who has to compete with thousands of others for streams/plays, what makes your music worth people clicking on?
My music comes from the heart, no matter what I say there’s going to be some kind of truth behind it. I so think my music is going to develop into a style that no ones used to YET, I’m looking to bring in all sorts of music fans with multiples styles and vibes throughout my songs.
6. You have 1 person to thank, who would it be?
I’d thank my younger self for never giving up. When I first started writing I was extremely self-conscious about my music and there were so many times I thought about wiping everything and giving it up. It took me 4 or 5 years to even post one song, to eventually stop caring what people thought.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
I start with driving around, listening to music until it sparks a thought or story that I can write about. Spark a joint and go through a bunch of instrumentals. Once I find one I park up and start writing.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for this year?
I’m working on an album to post sometime later this year. Versions of my songs that will be on it are posted on my soundcloud now.
9. What keeps you motivated and on path towards your goals for music?
Music is my passion and I want to be apart of it in any way that I can for as long as I can.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I want to be able to create songs that do for my listeners what Cudi’s songs once did for me, and to alter the rap game to the best of my ability.
11. What's your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
12. Who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I make my own.
13. Who makes most of your beats or production?
My boy Ace over at Insomniac Studios.
14. What can we expect next from you in 2022?
A couple more singles, and the album!
15. Link the fans to your Twitter & Instagram @ Below so they can follow you!