Swaco - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from?
My name is Swaco tha illest and I'm from Virginia, really the DMV area.
2. What made you start making music?
I started making music when I was like 10, my local community center used to have FL studio, so I used to record and make beats on there.
3. Who are your influences?
I'm influenced a lot by old southern hip hop, such as TI and 3 six mafia, then i'm also influenced by DC artists like Wale and Rico Nasty
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
Underground rap is the next generation man, there's so many good artists out there and I have the privilege of calling some of my friends.
5. What are your goals for 2020 regarding music?
My goals are to advertise as much as possible and get my name everywhere, I want people to know who Swaco is by the end of this year, or at least have an idea.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
I'd thank my brother, he's really my number one fan and pushes me to have fun with this music when I'm taking myself too seriously.
7. What is your process for recording music ?
Usually I get high or sip something then go pick a sample I wanna use and let my ears take me wherever I'm feeling at that moment.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
I have a project dropping in may it's gone be called Summertime Sway, it'll be a tape with hella southern trap influence and groovy lyrics to ride out to.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
My favorite part is creating whatever kind of wave I wanna be on, like I get to combine whatever genre's and create something new. That's usually how I create my greatest moment.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I wanna let everyone from my city and even other people like me in the world know that it's worth it to chase your dreams and that you can have anything you want as long as you having fun.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
My music is definitely a hobby that's slowly turning into a 24/7 lifestyle, my music is continuing to reach people all over the world, so I'm just slowly ascending into rap as my career which is what I always dreamed of.
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
My favorite artist right now has to be Da Baby or Don Toliver they both just represent how I feel most of the time, either I'm ready to turn up or I'm high trynna vibe and both these artists really do that for me.
13. what does the music you create make you feel?
My music makes me feel fly, it makes me feel like the sauciest out here. It also sometimes provides an inside look into my head, mot of the time my music as an escape from everyday life and let my thoughts talk when I write.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ?
it's the place where I feel like I have a voice, I can talk whatever I want on a track as long as it rides the beat.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)?
For me it's great that I in a collective, Blvck Sindikit, they hold me up when I may face any obstacles and remind me that I'm great.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer?
My best collab sessions have come from me working with Kay Modo, when me and him are in the stu together we are locked in and ready to let whatever music come out. a lot of the music me and him do together is just straight off the dome in that moment.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own?
I make my own cover art most of the time, but I occasionally will work with other graphic artist if I have the budget and understand their vision.
18. who makes most of your beats or production?
In the beginning it was youtube type beats, but as my sound developed and explored new genre's I started making my own.
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why?
It's a lot of artist, I wanna work with in the game but if I have to pick one it'd definitely be Travis Scott because he make lit melodic music and I love that type of music.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why?
It would probably be Mexicodro or Cardogotwings cause their beats always have dope melodies and fire 808's.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ?
Due to corona, all the shows I had got cancelled.
22 for people who haven't heard of you what sets you apart from other artists?
My music is different from other artists because the way I layer my flows and the subject matter is something that fits current trends but is something you never heard before.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ?
It means being able to share myself with the world and creating a fanbase of people just like me.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up?
My project Summertime Sway will be dropping in the third week of may, So I'm gearing up that release
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you?
My music on all streaming platforms, and I got a couple videos on youtube. You can also find me on social media @swaco_ on all platforms.