takemearchie - Interview
1. Tell us your rap name and where are you from? My stage name is "takemearchie", My real name is Archie Witch, I was born in Toronto Canada but I was raised in Dallas, But I always say in from Dallas cause I love my city.
2. What made you start making music? I started making music because as a kid I just had a natural gift to learn any instrument. also I have a hard time telling people how I feel so I just started making music to get all those feelings out into the world.
3. Who are your influences? Kurt Cobain is one of my biggest influences, also if it wasn't for my friends telling me to make the music I loved making I wouldn't of changed my style to alternative rock
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now? The underground scene is still amazing me everyday, I love being apart of it It makes me feel good whenever some kid from a city I've never been to tells me I helped them get through problems with my music, The underground scene is healthy
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music? Well I have an Album set out for Nov29th and that's my goal right now. I also might be having some shows later this year.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be? My dear friend Gus (Lil Peep) he really opened up doors for me with the short time I met him and I miss him dearly
7. What is your process for recording music ? I spend about 2 days making a single beat, just to get the perfect sound and spend another day working on the lyrics, it seems like a lot but I do put passion in my music.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for? New album coming out called "Witch" and a couple of music videos for some of the songs on that album.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper? It just makes me feel so free, like I could have a desk job and be stuck my whole life but I feel like an artist who has the whole world to speak to.
10. What impact do you want to have on the world? I want people to be comfortable with their depression, I can tell just by everyone's face everyone is depressed and I hate seeing people hide it, I hate seeing my friends die due to suicide I want everyone to be sad together, because at the end of the day if you're not comfortable with being sad then you fail yourself, let us all be depressed together, It will make a world a better place
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying? This is what I was born to do, I was meant to be a person people feel "Understand" like I understand your pain and music is how i can show these people they're gonna be okay. This is my life, and i'm one with the people
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why? Joji! hands down he is the greatest artist out right now, his vocal are beautiful and he just created his own genre
13. what does the music you create make you feel? I feel like I help people, like if you're not sad you're weird, in order to be okay, to be happy, you have to get past all this sadness and I want everyone to be better.
14. why is music so important and dear to your heart ? Music has always been apart of my life, my Mom used to show me all these old bands and 80's pop music and it just reminds me that life used to not be as hard, without music I would be an empty shell.
15. Taking this as a passion what works best with you for endeavors you may face (regarding to music)? Anything bad that happens just makes me work harder, if I get down I just us that to make music better nothing can hurt me because I will always be myself more than anyone who hates or tries to break me.
16. whats your best collaboration experience with another artist or producer? I don't really collab with other artist, I haven't found someone who matches my style and the ones that do we just haven't had a chance.
17. who does all of your cover art or do you make your own? I just take pics of myself and use that, if your brand is yourself why not use yourself.
18. who makes most of your beats or production? My band or Just me, I have worked with other producers but not often do I take the route
19. who is one artist you wish to work on music with and why? I wish I could work with Bones from TeamSesh, it would be a rap/singing style but it would be sick.
20. who is one producer you wish to work with and why? Charlie Shuffler, his beats go hard! I think that's my 2020 goal, to work with him.
21 do you have any upcoming shows in the next couple months ? I got a show at The Green Elephant on Oct 29th 2019, and a couple others that aren't confirmed yet.
22 for people who haven't heard of you what sets you apart from other artists? Whenever you listen to my music you start to remember the small things that hurt you i think mu music isn't for the weak because it can trigger depression in ways no one would think but it also heals, people tell me they love my music because they feel the pain and they see how they are not alone.
23 at the end of the day what does music mean to you ? Music is art, music is something that can put the world together, i want to change the world and i want to do it with music.
24. Any live shows or projects you got coming up? I'm trying to get booked in small venues right now but so far its just open mic spots I do have a show Oct 29th 2019
25. Where can the people that checked out this interview find you? Just search up takemearchie and i should show up (also here are some provided links)