Tokyo Ari - Interview 18
1. Tell us your name and a bit about yourself!
My name TokyoAri an artist from Indiana But was Born in Houston Texas, I’m in a group called 3rd World and we all got fire ass music
2. What made you start making music?
My homie @kardehier had a beat down ass studio when we were 14 in his house with a rock band mic and and garage band and he told me spit something and I did.
3. Who are your influences?
4. What is your take on the underground rap scene right now?
That’s all I really listen to but Fr underground isn’t even really underground anymore it seems like that’s what everyone wants to listen to is “underground” music everyone wants to find that artist that no one knows just to say they heard of him first.
5. What are your goals for 2019 regarding music?
Further my brand as an artist and get more visuals since I can’t preform because I’m on house arrest and just up my fan base.
6. You have 1 person to thank who would it be?
@Kardehier because without him I would have never been able to record how I wanted or know how to mix my own songs 100.
7. What is your process for recording music?
I listen to the beat over and over and write to it step by step or I freestyle first then go back and think of what I should have said and say that.
8. Any upcoming projects or singles fans should be getting ready for?
Of course my mixtape ‘Welcome To The End’ is Out now on SoundCloud TokyoAri
And ‘All Slimes Go To Heaven’ is dropping Jan. 5th.
9. What is your favorite part about being an artist/musician/rapper?
10. What impact do you want to have on the world?
I just wanna let people know it’s possible to chase dreams starting from 0.
11. What are your ambitions with music is this just a hobby or is this a full blown 24/7 lifestyle your embodying?
24/7 365 24hours a day the studio is right by my bed this is all I ever do I have over 1000 songs
12. Who is your favorite artist in the rap game right now and why?
I really been listening to myself lately trying to figure out what I need to work on and what I can improve on.. I’m my biggest critic.
13. Anything else you have to say?
FREE MY BROTHER FLYALMIGHTY! Follow me @Tokyoari333
Go stream Welcome To The End on SoundCloud now @ TokyoAri and be on the look out for All Slimes Go To Heaven dropping Jan 5th